none
Email solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    First, what kind of community or forum is this? I can't find anything on Google about it. But I've chatted with the Microsoft Support and they told me to ask the question here.

I'm going to have an IT team with a friend, we answer questions through live chat and email, and I'll be the one handling the emails. I'm looking for an email solution for one user, including an email address. Not too expensive, but still professional.

I've heard about Microsoft's internal tool called CAP (Customer Assistance Portal), but I'm not sure if it's possible to download it anywhere, and I don't know if it would work for me.

I know, this isn't the right category to ask this question, but it's the best category I was able to found, "Windows Tools".

Thanks
    sewe29

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:05 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you are looking for a ticketing system that can accept inquiries from email, chat, and other sources. I am not aware of anything publicly available from Microsoft, but there are a number of vendors that offer such a thing. You may want to check out Freshdesk as a cheap and professional front end for your support inquiries. 
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Hi,
    I don't need anything else than email. My friend will use LivePerson to answer live chats.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:21 PM
  • You could try any of the popular web services such as Outlook.com or Gmail.com. If you want a more professional appearance to your email address, register a domain name and then create an email address with that domain. For example: yourname@yourcompany.com

Then you can use either a web client or a full featured email client such as Outlook to work inside of it.

• Edited by Onatam Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:57 PM
  • Hi,
    Is there a tool like Microsoft Customer Assistance Portal where you can create Service Request IDs and things like that?
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:53 AM