Can not access other users mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2016 CU1 on-premise

I can't access other users mailboxes although "Full Access" is set for my account. OWA gives:

:-(
    Something went wrong
    You don't have permission to open this mailbox.

X-ClientId: 10D5C38CA65341AA88C96F55227E0920
    X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionFailedTransientException
    X-OWA-Version: null
    X-FEServer: OURSERVER
    X-BEServer: ourserver.xxxx.de
    Date: 4/15/2016 5:36:23 PM

Any ideas? How can I debug this issue? Which logs do I have to search?

Best regards

• Edited by Holibert Friday, April 15, 2016 6:30 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

I can't access other users mailboxes although "Full Access" is set for my account. OWA gives:

Something went wrong

X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionFailedTransientException

Best regards

Are you a domain admin or org admin?  If you are, they are specifically denied access to open other users mailboxes.  As is best practice, I would recommend creating a separate admin account for administrative access and a regular user account for normal user stuff.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by Holibert Friday, April 15, 2016 7:23 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 7:15 PM

All replies

Something went wrong

Best regards

Are you a domain admin or org admin?  If you are, they are specifically denied access to open other users mailboxes.  As is best practice, I would recommend creating a separate admin account for administrative access and a regular user account for normal user stuff.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by Holibert Friday, April 15, 2016 7:23 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Ok, but that's new in 2013/2016, isn't it? With Exchange 2010 it works as admin.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:26 PM
  • I faced the same issue in Exchange server 2013, on /owa getting the following error.

something went wrong

X-ClientId: PGCP - 0PQE - SIGS - FGVSWBQ X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa2.Server.Core.OwaExplicitLogonException X-OWA-Version: 15.0.1367.3 X-FEServer: MBCS01 X-BEServer: mbcs03.domain.com Date: 1/29/2019 3:34:26 PM

Even that full access was assigned.

in my case the mailbox which had full access was also having other management roles like

Discovery management

Server management

recipient management

etc.

So i just create another mailbox and assign the full admin rights on the required mailbox and then i was able to access the required mailbox in /owa

So it means we should create a simple mailbox and assign full admin rights. then it should work
    • Edited by Nawaz Khan Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:53 PM
  • please check owa on the web is enabled

Chris

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:43 PM