scsm 2010 sp1 - AD Connector - What benefit / dependencies? Can SCSM function without it RRS feed

• Question

• In our planning to implement SCSM into our global domain, we are wondering if it is possible to completely disregard usage of the AD connector and either import users via csv or via LDAP, yet will still allow SCSM to function as it should? Are there any dependencies with the SQL or Exchange Server in which the AD connector would be required?
    civitas hall
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:43 AM

Answers

• It is my understanding that you can do without the AD connector, all it does is offer the possibility to import users/groups (to be used in SCSM) and information regarding for instance servers (CIs). If you can get this information into the system by other means (CSV import, SCCM/SCOM connectors) you do not need the AD connector, just a manual routine to keep the information in SCSM in sync with the real world.

BR,

Nordmann

• Proposed as answer by N0rdmann Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yeah, importing your users with the CSV connector would work. But I don't see why anyone would go over all the trouble using CSV import instead of using the out of the connector? May I ask why you don't want to use the out of the box AD connector?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:59 AM
  • It is my understanding that you can do without the AD connector, all it does is offer the possibility to import users/groups (to be used in SCSM) and information regarding for instance servers (CIs). If you can get this information into the system by other means (CSV import, SCCM/SCOM connectors) you do not need the AD connector, just a manual routine to keep the information in SCSM in sync with the real world.

BR,

Nordmann

• Proposed as answer by N0rdmann Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:01 PM