Import .ics calendar into SharePoint 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm wondering how to import a .ics file into a SharePoint 3.0 environment. I have followed other guides online, but it doesn't appear to give me an option to set up Outlook to share the calendar into SharePoint.

I would appreciate your time and information regarding this.

Thanks

Friday, October 21, 2011 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hi jn865,

If you have a existed .ics calendar file, you can upload the file to a SharePoint Shared Document library and copy the shortcut, then create a new Internet Calendars in Outlook 2007 per the following article second method. (Outlook 2003 not support this function)

http://www.ehow.com/how_5905423_publish-existing-outlook-calendar-sharepoint.html

And you can also create a shared calendar in SharePoint site, then let all users “Connect to Outlook” , the same calendar will appear in their outlook.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    • Marked as answer by jn865 Monday, October 24, 2011 5:06 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hi jn865,

If you have a existed .ics calendar file, you can upload the file to a SharePoint Shared Document library and copy the shortcut, then create a new Internet Calendars in Outlook 2007 per the following article second method. (Outlook 2003 not support this function)

http://www.ehow.com/how_5905423_publish-existing-outlook-calendar-sharepoint.html

And you can also create a shared calendar in SharePoint site, then let all users “Connect to Outlook” , the same calendar will appear in their outlook.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    • Marked as answer by jn865 Monday, October 24, 2011 5:06 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Daniel,

What if I want to import the .ics straight into a SharePoint calendar? Is that possible - or do I have to just connect to it using Outlook.

Thanks

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Well it turns out I wasn't seeing the features I needed to see in order to do this because I was using Chrome and not Internet Explorer.

That fixed it right up.

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:06 PM