How To Add Printer Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am very new in configuring MDT 2013 For Deploying Windows 8.1 in my Environment.

I Successfully done following steps in my MDT

Import OS

Import Applications

Configured Task Sequences

but i am very confused how can i add Printers Drivers on my setup like HP 2015 , HP P1005

i Search a lots but still very confusing please tell me the easiest way to add just printer drivers like i import applications.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 8:17 AM

All replies

• Try use 'out-of-box' drivers:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2013/05/09/how-to-manage-out-of-box-drivers-with-the-use-of-model-specific-driver-groups-in-microsoft-deployment-toolkit-2012-update-1.aspx

And, have a look at this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a208b9bc-a7c4-42a3-9e07-ddc8adc1a07e/injecting-printer-drivers-into-mdt-2010-image?forum=mdt

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:59 AM
  • Thanks

I already used out-of-box method but drivers not shown on installed windows through MDT at printers and drivers

Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:21 PM
  • You mean the printer it self is not added?

If, just adding the driver doesn't install the printer.

Are your computers member of a active directory domain?

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Yes Printer not showing installed on printers and devices at client side

Yes all computers are domain joined

Monday, February 9, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Just installing the drivers, doesnt add the printer.

If you have a print server, you can deploy printers using gpo.

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

• Proposed as answer by Mirfster Monday, February 9, 2015 12:24 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 7:15 AM
  • I agree with Jesper, if you are wanting the printers to be installed and have AD just use GPO.  As well, if the printers are being shared via a Print Server you should not need to install the drivers locally.  The Print Server should already have the appropriate drivers for the clients and will install them automatically.

If you are in need of "Full Featured" drivers then you may have to use another route to get all the extras.

Monday, February 9, 2015 12:28 PM