Email replies changes font - Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• When receiving and email from someone externally who has their font set at 'MS PGothic', it becomes contagious and the font then changes my 'Calibri' replies to 'MS PGothic'.

Let me break it down...

I receive an email from someone with  'MS PGothic' font

I do a reply in 'Calibri' 

when i check my sent item, i notice my 'Calibri' font has changed to 'MS PGothic'

How do i stop this as it is important that we maintain consistency in our emails.

Thanks!

(FYI I've tried deleting the NormalEmail.Dotm template but no luck)

Thursday, March 19, 2020 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Before going further, please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.
    What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

>> When receiving and email from someone externally who has their font set at 'MS PGothic', it becomes contagious and the font then changes my 'Calibri' replies to 'MS PGothic'.
    Does this problem only occur when you receive emails from specific sender with specific font? And does it happen only occasionally?
    Which format do you use when replying messages? HTML or Rich Text? It is suggested to try both formats when replying messages and see if there is any difference.
    Do other users in your work environment have the same problem as you?

To check if your issue is related to your Outlook client, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and reply the messages via your web mailbox to see if this issue can be reproduced.
    If they all work fine on the web mail, then please follow the steps below to troubleshoot:

1. As I know, there could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. Corrupted profiles can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    3. If the issue still exists, please turn off your antivirus software and repair your Outlook to see if it works. 

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 20, 2020 9:13 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:02 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:18 AM