@mention feature doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've Outlook for Mac version 16.13.1, I read that the @mention should be supported on this version, but for some reason it doesn't work on my laptop (on another colleague's laptop, it does work).

Is there a way to enable it? or check why it doesn't work?

Thanks. 

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:52 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, June 4, 2018 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of email account do you use? The Mentioned mail feature and the @ (at symbol) indicator are only available for recipients using Exchange Server 2016, Exchange Online, or Outlook.com.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I'm using exchange, the strange thing is that at my colleague's Mac, this feature works, so I wonder if it's something we should enable at installation time or can be configured afterwards.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

What type of email account do you use? The Mentioned mail feature and the @ (at symbol) indicator are only available for recipients using Exchange Server 2016, Exchange Online, or Outlook.com.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Im using MS Outlook on Office 365 subscription, @mentions worked fine on my Mac, but after some update its stop working... ((( 

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:30 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I'm using exchange, the strange thing is that at my colleague's Mac, this feature works, so I wonder if it's something we should enable at installation time or can be configured afterwards.

Thank you for the update. May I know whether your colleague uses the same version of Outlook for Mac? There is a new 16.13.1 version 16.13.1 (18052304), have you tried with this version?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 6, 2018 2:03 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Hello,

How is everything going? Feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Monday, June 11, 2018 9:24 AM
  • Dear Steve,

I am facing the same issue as well on Windows 10 with latest July Updates, previously the mentions were working fine in my outlook client, but suddenly it stopped.

The Outlook client version is Version 1806 (Build 10228.20134 Click-to-Run), the company is using Exchange 2016 as the mail server.

Thanks and regards,

Anas

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:53 AM