SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following problem, I have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 with all the components. Then I installed Visual Studio 2010 with the intention to develop business intelligence tools. then I realize that VS 2010 doesn't have templates for Business Intelligence reports but SQL Server has its own Business Intelligence Development Studio so I decided to use that tool. the problem appears when I tried to start a new project, I selected New project and then the Analysis Services Project template and hit OK, but nothing happened, either with that template or the others ones. It only add a "Recent Project" but when I do double click in a project of the list nothing happens. Thank you for your help in advance.
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:52 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry, I think I did a very noob mistake.. I wasn't seen any change because the panel in the right wasn't the Solution Explorer. Now I clicked the solution explorer button and could see the tree structure for the project and now I can start. I am new in business intelligence projects and still reading some books to start developing. Thank you for your interest in my problem.
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:40 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Jesus Torres,

SQL Server 2008 R2 uses Visual Studio 2008 shell for BIDS. 

Are you getting any error while adding a project ? Try running the BIDS as administrator. You can do it by right click it and and then click "Run As Administrator"

Arunraj Chandrasekaran, MCTS, Author: SQLXpertise.com
    If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful"
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:14 AM
  • I'm sorry, I think I did a very noob mistake.. I wasn't seen any change because the panel in the right wasn't the Solution Explorer. Now I clicked the solution explorer button and could see the tree structure for the project and now I can start. I am new in business intelligence projects and still reading some books to start developing. Thank you for your interest in my problem.
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:40 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi  Jesus,

I am using  VS  2010 and SQL  Server 2008 R2 but  my query is how to implement business intelligence tools in that. I hope u will help me.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:30 AM