none
MY Domain Controller stops providing internet and cannot be ping. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

my Domain Controller is having DNS and DHCP also. but sometimes it stops providing IP Addresses as DHCP Stops and the internet connection also will not be accessible for client machines. 

even from the server it self i cannot brows the internet.. but after i restart the server then everything gets back to normal behavior.

kindly assist. 

Faisal Khan

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Faisal,

>> my Domain Controller is having DNS and DHCP also

I did not recommend DHCP server installed on DC.

>> but sometimes it stops providing IP Addresses as DHCP Stops and the internet connection also will not be accessible for client machines. 

I appreciate that you could provide error message about DHCP server to here for further help.

>> my Domain Controller is having DNS and DHCP also. but sometimes it stops providing IP Addresses as DHCP Stops and the internet connection also will not be accessible for client machines. 

Could you please provide details information of network topology?

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Monday, September 19, 2016 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:31 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Faisal,

>> my Domain Controller is having DNS and DHCP also

I did not recommend DHCP server installed on DC.

>> but sometimes it stops providing IP Addresses as DHCP Stops and the internet connection also will not be accessible for client machines. 

I appreciate that you could provide error message about DHCP server to here for further help.

>> my Domain Controller is having DNS and DHCP also. but sometimes it stops providing IP Addresses as DHCP Stops and the internet connection also will not be accessible for client machines. 

Could you please provide details information of network topology?

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Monday, September 19, 2016 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:31 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:21 AM