Network discovery does not detect OS on workgroup computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm somewhat new to SCCM 2012, but have rolled out the client to most of my domain computers, along with endpoint protection.  I'm trying now to setup discovery and auto client deployment to our retail enviroement, which is firewalled and not on the domain.  I think i've got the firewall ports open, as i'm able to push the client to a few computers that are on the domain, and behind that firewall.  Using AD system discovery.

The problem is when i setup network discovery to search a few subnets to start. It'll find the systems, but can't seem to connect to system to determine the OS.  When i look at the logs, it seems to be using an anonymous account to connect to the IPC$ share, and then it fails and says can't deteremine OS.   I have an account in my client push list that is basically %computername%\adminaccount but it doesn't seem to try this account.  When I look at a network capture on the device that it's trying to discover, it seems to be attempting to query the computer with the SCCM computer account itself, which doesn't make sense.  Can anyone shed some light on what may be happening?

Here are a few lines from my netdisc.log file:

ADM: Established connection to \\st2110-pos01\IPC$ using anonymous account

ADM: Failed to establish connection to \\st2110-pos04\IPC$, error 1326

ADM: NtBrowser: Failed to retrieve OS info from device st2110-pos04, error 5.

I think if it would query IPC using my admin account for the workgroup computers, it may succeed, but it doesn't seem to be trying.

Thank you

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies