none
Radio button choice to send to link RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint Ticket Tracking system I am building.

I have several radio buttons I'd like for the user to use to send them to a different page.

Like if they select the radio button, they get sent to another SharePoint page or somewhere else.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Gee...

Gee

• Edited by GretaF Monday, November 18, 2019 7:46 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Answers

• Great!

What about if I want an email sent to a particular email address dependent on radio buttons, on "Save"?

Gee

• Marked as answer by GretaF Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:34 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Gee,

If you want to the user to go to another page when click the radio button, we can add some JavaScript in list form to achieve it. The following code for your reference.

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(function () {
    	var fieldName="RadioField"; // radio field internal name
    	var pageUrl="/sites/team/Pages/testpage.aspx"; //another stie page
    	$("input[name^='"+fieldName+"']").click(function(){
    		window.location.href=pageUrl+"?radiofield="+$(this).val();
    	});	  
    });
    </script>

If you want to get values from all the radio buttons and send to another page, we can add a "Send To" button to list form page, then get all the choice radio values and send to another page using the similar code above.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by GretaF Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:33 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by GretaF Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Great!

What about if I want an email sent to a particular email address dependent on radio buttons, on "Save"?

Gee

• Marked as answer by GretaF Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:34 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:34 PM
  • Hi Gee,

If you want to send email, we can using REST API below to achieve it. 

/_api/SP.Utilities.Utility.SendEmail

The following articles for your reference.

SharePointSendEmail.js

Send Email Notification Through REST API in SharePoint 2013

If my reply helps you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.  

If you have new question, I would suggest you post it in a new thread, it would make others easier to focus on one question in one single thread and it will benefit other community members who stuck with the same question.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:16 AM
  • Hi Gee,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:32 AM
  • I still do not have an answer on how to create a workflow (or what ever will work) in SharePoint 2013 to send an email based on a user's choice in a form.

On the form there is a list of items with radio buttons.

If the user selects "apples" the email goes to Steph@co.com

If the user selects "oranges" the email goes to Jarrett@co.com

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Gee

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:24 PM
  • Hi Gee,

If you want to send email base on the item data, we can create a SharePoint designer workflow to achieve it.

The following screenshot with workflow example for your reference.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:00 AM