none
PS2010: Changing the assignment owner with the SEM activated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've been reading at several posts and blogs this morning to find out an answer but no way, I'm still in the dark. 

We'd like to be able to enter timesheet/task progress for some resources that work on our projects but cannot access PWA (licences issues).

We're using PS2010 with the SEM activated.

If I try to change the assignement owner (in the resource usage view) or the default assignement owner (in the resource parameters in PWA) to myself for example, I still cannot see the assignment in my timesheet. I've double checked that the period in correct, the task in automatically scheduled and correctly published. It doesn't work for either existing tasks nor new tasks. I also tried to unpublish the assignment and publish it again. Inserting a new line doesn't work either, the assignment is not visible.

I'm thinking that this behavior might be native, but I'd like a confirmation and maybe an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies

• Guillaume,

I can confirm that I am seeing the same behavior. They do appear under "Tasks", but not timesheet. Not sure why.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:05 PM
  • I guess the principle might be that the assignment is related to the task and not to the timesheet. So changing the assignment owner impacts only the task update. 

But how can we manage it in case we activated the SEM? The assignment is then not visible at all, knowing that we use only the timesheet with SEM...

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:36 PM