Sharepoint document library Threshold RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have document library which reached the threshold. I did create view but it did not work . Now I am unable to view any document so that I could delete to make below the threshold. Is there any way I can delete some document . I am on office 365 so I am not able to change the threshold from CA

Thanks

Kundan

Friday, July 8, 2016 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Kundan,

How did you create view in the document library?

You could create view including filter such as Recently Changed, Recently Added and Created By Me. And you could try your best to narrow down the returning items when creating filter in the view.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

September 2013: Working with List View Thresholds in SharePoint.

http://www.abelsolutions.com/2013-blog/working-with-list-view-thresholds-in-sharepoint/

And if you have indexed columns in the document library, you could remove the indexed column to check if it can work.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, July 11, 2016 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, July 18, 2016 12:45 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 7:54 AM

All replies

• Are there any Indexes on the Library for which you can create a Filter in your View?

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, July 8, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Hi Kundan,

How did you create view in the document library?

You could create view including filter such as Recently Changed, Recently Added and Created By Me. And you could try your best to narrow down the returning items when creating filter in the view.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

September 2013: Working with List View Thresholds in SharePoint.

http://www.abelsolutions.com/2013-blog/working-with-list-view-thresholds-in-sharepoint/

And if you have indexed columns in the document library, you could remove the indexed column to check if it can work.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, July 11, 2016 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, July 18, 2016 12:45 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 7:54 AM
  • The easiest thing to do is to create a folder and move some files into it, at least for now. That will let your views work and, in document libraries, is one of the common solutions.
    Monday, July 11, 2016 8:37 AM