Visio viewer 2007 issue RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Visio viewer 2007, SP1 and SP2 on Windows 7 64-bit OS machine but it is not displaying in IE8 add-ons list. I tried to check for Visio plug-in in 32-bit IE and 64-bit IE but it doesn't exist. I don't get any error message during the installation. Do you have any suggestions on how to make Visio viewer compatible with 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

-Chandu
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:34 AM

Answers

• The Visio 2007 Viewer is implemented as an ActiveX control that loads and renders Visio drawings inside Internet Explorer but it is not just a ActiveX control. It is an application which is combinded with Internet Explorer. After installing Visio 2007 Viewer, the application only lists in "Add or Remove Programs" and it does not list in Internet Explorer add-ons list. The symptom is normal.

To check whether the application is installed successfully or not, you can drag a VSD file to Internet Explorer directly. If the application is installed successfully, we can view the VSD file.

Thanks,
    Novak
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, October 23, 2009 2:36 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:39 AM

All replies

• The Visio 2007 Viewer is implemented as an ActiveX control that loads and renders Visio drawings inside Internet Explorer but it is not just a ActiveX control. It is an application which is combinded with Internet Explorer. After installing Visio 2007 Viewer, the application only lists in "Add or Remove Programs" and it does not list in Internet Explorer add-ons list. The symptom is normal.

To check whether the application is installed successfully or not, you can drag a VSD file to Internet Explorer directly. If the application is installed successfully, we can view the VSD file.

Thanks,
    Novak
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, October 23, 2009 2:36 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:39 AM
  • After reinstalling Visio viewer I am able to browser vsd files from 32-bit IE shortcut but not from 64-bit IE8. Does Visio plug-in support IE 64-bit?

-Chandu
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:51 PM