none
Remote PerfMon problem

Question

• Hi. I'd like tu run a PerfMon session from server X in such a way that it collects data for server Y ( same network, same domain ). In "Run as" section of Perfmon configuratio interface on server X I setup credentials of a domain user which belongs to server Y local Administrators Group, Performance Monitor Users and Performance Log Users. When I start the counter log I get an error, and in server X Event Viewer I read "invalid username or password", but username and password I use in PerfMon "Run as" are surely correct, because if I add the Domain user to Domain Admins Group on AD ( leaving the credentials on PerfMon Run as untouched ) everything works fine. Is it possible that the user I use in PerfMon CLI has to be a Domain Admin ???

Thanks in advance

Friday, April 3, 2009 10:13 AM

Answers

• I fixed the problem. The user I used in "Run as" in PerfMon had to be member of Local Administrators Group in the server ( X ) which I started the remote PerfMon from. So that user must be local administrator on server X and member of Performance Monitor Users Group on server Y.

Friday, April 3, 2009 4:05 PM

All replies