none
Disappearing critical path filter pick on "view" dropdown RRS feed

• Question

• In MS Project, I am able to see the critical tasks using the critical task checkbox on the format tab.

However, when I switch to the view tab and try to filter on the critical path tasks....the critical path pick is missing, even though when I created the project...I could see it and filter on the critical tasks.  

Any idea of what needs to be done to allow me to filter the critical tasks again?

Thanks,

Ernie Downes

Kent,WA

Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:46 AM

All replies

• Ernie,

Sounds like the Critical filter got deleted from your Global file. If you have another Project file that does have the Critical filter, you can use the Organizer to transfer that filter to your Global. If not, you can re-create the default Global by closing out of Project, finding the working Global file, renaming or moving it to the trash, and then re-open Project. A new default Global file will automatically be created. Note, however, that any custom items (e.g. views, tables, filters, etc.) that you may have had in your original Global file will be lost, unless you first transfer them to another Project file, and then move them back after the new Global file is generated.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:39 AM