none
Reset Primary SMTP Address FIM GAL Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am performing a GAL sync between two trusted forests and I have everthing working as expected, however the other domain I am syncing with has mutiple proxyAddresses entries assigned to each user and their current primary SMTP address, indicated by capital letters "SMTP:" is not playing well with our Mirosoft Office Communicator when sending them a Live Meeting request.  If we manaully type in what is assigned as their SIP address value, we are able to get the Live Meeting Request to send.

So my question is, how can I have their Primary SMTP Address changed/updated automatically to match what they have set as their SIP address when a GAL sync is perfromed?  I am pulling their SIP Address over using the MSRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress Attribute Name nad that too is coming over just fine.

My other idea was to have them reset their Primary SMTP Address in Exchange and then I would perform another Sync to capture the change.

I am not sure if this can be achieved using Join/Protection rules but an easy way to get this updated would be idea.  I am using FIM 2010.

Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

Friday, March 29, 2013 7:54 PM

All replies