SCCM 2012 MIGRATION RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to Migrate from CM07 to CM12 and I specified the source hierarchy and I don't see JOB TYPE in the migration job window to specify what type of migration I want to do.. any suggestions ??

Murali Krishna V.S

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Murali,

First, lets make sure your source hierarchy successfully worked.  If you look at your source hierarchy entry, Status should say "Ready for next data gathering process", and Credential Configured should say "Yes".  In the lower panel of this page, you should see the source properties and object migration properties.  Is Objects at Source more than zero?

To create a migration job, focus on the migration jobs folder and either click on the 'Create Migration Job' button, or right-click on the migration job folder and select create migration job.  Is this wizard coming up?  On this first page will be the name, description and job type.

Bob Edwards SDET, Microsoft Corporation SCCM PVT, STRESS, and Performance consultant

Monday, April 15, 2013 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi, have resolved this?

Checked prerequisities?  Running SP2 on CM07 environment. Correct permissions.

Look through this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712313.aspx

Nicolai

Monday, April 15, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Hi Murali,

First, lets make sure your source hierarchy successfully worked.  If you look at your source hierarchy entry, Status should say "Ready for next data gathering process", and Credential Configured should say "Yes".  In the lower panel of this page, you should see the source properties and object migration properties.  Is Objects at Source more than zero?

To create a migration job, focus on the migration jobs folder and either click on the 'Create Migration Job' button, or right-click on the migration job folder and select create migration job.  Is this wizard coming up?  On this first page will be the name, description and job type.

Bob Edwards SDET, Microsoft Corporation SCCM PVT, STRESS, and Performance consultant

Monday, April 15, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Well, I verified everything you mentioned above , also I did the collection migration successfully and that's the only option I see for migration . I am able to create a new migration but no dropdown to select the types .

Murali Krishna V.S

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:19 PM