Skype for Business 2015 Issue - Event ID 36882 RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I just spun a Skype for Business 2015 edge server and trying to get replication working.  I have followed three different tutorials to make sure I did everything correctly.  I am getting Event ID 36882 Schannel error.  The environment is SFB 2015 Standard front end server an on server 2012 R2.  SFB2015 Standard edge server ran on Server 2016.  I believe the issue is a certificate problem but I have tried all the solutions I can find on the internet.  Tried disable TLS 1.2 with no luck, tried creating new certs both with AD certificate service and digicert tool.  No luck either.   Made sure all updates were performed on both servers and connectivity was fine.  I can get to the replication website with no certificate error too.  https://dmz-sfb-srv.pain.local:4443/ReplicationWebService      I'm at a lost of what to try next.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Event ID 41026

Error messageon Front End Server

No connectivity with any of Web Conferencing Edge Servers. External Skype for Business clients cannot use Web Conferencing modality.

Cause: Service may be unavailable or Network connectivity may have been compromised.
    Resolution:
    Verify all Web Conferencing Edge Services in the topology are running, and network connectivity is available.

Thanks

Friday, October 26, 2018 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Luke_Roh,

For the event id 36882, the issue seems regarding that the certificate was issued by the untrusted certificate authority, and unfortunately the scannerl error is not specially related to SFB.

Here is the similar case.

And would suggest you post the query in Windows server forum to get a better response if possible. Also I found some articles could be as the reference regarding this error in some point:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/akshat/2013/03/19/making-sense-of-schannel-event-id-36882/

http://cybastaff.com/event-id/help-event-id-36882-lync.php

In addition, as to the Edge replication issue, please make sure that your front end server can reach your edge's internal interface on port 4443, it can resolve the DNS name and it trusts the certificate.

If the connectivity is fine, please try adding a register key if possile as mentioned in the following article which looks like had the similar issue as you.

Please refer to this blog for more details on it.

After adding the new register key, please reboot your edge server and run the Invoke-CsManagementStoreReplication cmdlet as Admin in SFB Mgmt shell to try to update CMS manually.

Besides, for the event id 41026, did you install the May  2017. NET Framework update? If so, please check this official document to see if you accord with the scenario mentioned from it.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Monday, October 29, 2018 6:00 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 5:59 AM