New Acer Aspire 7551 and I have a RAM ISSUE RRS feed

• Question

• i HAVE AN aCER aSPIRE 7551 LAPTOP WITH A amd DUAL Processor with 4 GB ram.  when I go to system properties is says I have 4 GB or ram but only 3.75 usable
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 1:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Lets see if I can explain this
    The laptop video card is using some of the Ram
    W7 and all startups are using some of the RAM

and you have more usable than most.
    peter

--
    If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "tascott1" wrote in message news:839c2e44-a3d2-4caf-9375-af49b1aff39e...
    i HAVE AN aCER aSPIRE 7551 LAPTOP WITH A amd DUAL Processor with 4 GB ram.  when I go to system properties is says I have 4 GB or ram but only 3.75 usable
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:23 AM
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 4:51 AM
  • Which Windows do you use? An 32 or 64Bit Windows? Does the Laptop use your RAM for the graphic memory?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Thank you  for your responce, I have windows 7 64 bit so it looks as though my video which is ATI mobility radion HD 4250 may be using .25 % memory.  Not a big deal though The laptop is really fast whith the dual processor.
    Monday, August 30, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

Please read:

The usable memory may be less than the installed memory on Windows 7-based computers

More reference about RAM reports, please see:

The 3GB-not-4GB RAM problem

Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008 may report less memory than you expect

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:23 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Have you checked the BIOS about the Memory sharing to the video card?
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, August 30, 2010 2:19 PM