User can read other users "conversations" entries in S4B client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We got a strange thing were one of our users can read the conversations history of another user under the conversations tab in the S4B client. If this user replies to a third user from the history his name is displayed as participant instead of the original one.
    At first we though it was the delegation feature (call forwarding > edit my delegate members) but that's not the case.

S4B Enterprise Server with June CU and Exchange 2013, all on premise.

cheers
    Monday, September 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Marti__G,

Thanks for your response.

Once your EXCH admin go back to office, please try the method above and test if the issue persists.

For the credentical, please try to remove other user’s credential in the credential repository to see if the issue persists.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 10, 2016 10:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marti__G Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:58 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Marti__G,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did the issue only appeared on the specific SFB client ?

Did you try to test this issue in another normal client, is that the same issue ?

If the issue only appeared on the specific SFB client, you could try to clear the client cache by deleting the SFB User Profile and Registry Key.

User profile:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

Registry Key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

You have mentioned that one of your user has this issue in your environment, did you mean only one user has this problem?

If so, you could try to compare user attributes in AD between this affected account and other normal account.

Moreover, make sure your SFB client with the latest update.

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Looks to be machine specific issue, could you test in a different  client and check , also can delete  the old lync profiles and start new. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:03 AM
  • HI,

I have faced this type of issue with Lync 2013 client.

In My case, other user e-mail information was saved in the IE browser. I deleted the internet explore browser cache, history and password.

after that issue was resolved.

You can try to delete the internet explore browser cache, history and password and check.

Regards, Deepak

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Thank you all, your inputs  were very valuable.

What I found our so far was that the credentials of one of the users (the EX admin) were in the other users credential repository. I don't exactly know what for, I assume for testing something with outlook, but I'm very confident this is the cause since it all fits perfectly.

**I'd insert an image here but I can't for now**

I'm now waiting for the user to respond since the EX admin is OOF, therfore we cannot test.

Best Regards
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Hi Marti__G,

Thanks for your response.

Once your EXCH admin go back to office, please try the method above and test if the issue persists.

For the credentical, please try to remove other user’s credential in the credential repository to see if the issue persists.

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, October 10, 2016 10:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marti__G Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:58 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Credentials are already gone. I'll update later about the result.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Hi Marti_G,

I am monitoring the status of this case, would you please tell us did you resolve the issue with the above suggestions ?

If you have done the test with the above suggestions, could you please give us your results?

Alice Wang

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:01 AM