App-V Outlook 2007 and multiple profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm attempting to build a sequenced instance of Outlook 2007 that will use a profile that is distinct from the local Outlook 2007 install. I have a need to use 2 distinct email accounts on 2 different Exchange servers. I've gotten to the point that when I launch the app-v Outlook it will open the right profile, but then the local version of Outlook will only open the same profile while the other is open (and vice versa). It appears that whichever profile is started first is the only one that is available to both instances.

Is there a way to pull Outlook profiles apart in this way?

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• You'll need to look at Outlook 2010 to open multiple Exchange accounts; or take a look at this product which may help you open two instances of Outlook: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/open-two-different-instances-of-outlook-with-extraoutlook/

• Marked as answer by Brian Hamilton Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Extraoutlook is the only way I've been able to do that in the past.

But have you tried running two seperate virtual instances of outook instead of trying to run one of the instances from a local install?

I'll be honest, office products are the hardest applications to isolate from what is on the base.

JJ
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Thanks Aaron and JJ. I'd like to try out ExtraOutlook but it appears that the download site is down. If either of you would be willing to share it with me, I would appreciate it.

Outlook 2010 definitely works for this purpose, but unfortunately it will be a few months before we are ready to provide that as a solution en masse.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:31 PM