none
Is an Export of many Attributes to a FIMMA object an atomic operation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hellos.

Customer wants Email Notification messages sent when a FirstName or LastName or AccountName changes

No problem. We can set MPRs to fire workflow when these attributes change.

But. On the Email Template we would have [//Target/FirstName] [//Target/LastName] [//Target/AccountName] etc.

What I would like to know is when all 3 of these attributes change in MetaVerse and are exported to FIMMA ...

Does the FIMMA object get updated in ONE operation and then the MPRs fired, or is it possible for the FIMMA object to get updated 3 times triggering MPRs each time.

There is a possible difference in the text in the Email Notifications depending which way FIM works.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I did a Little testing in my dev Environment, as that was not 100% clear to myself.

I changed to attributes and a workflow with one activity was one triggerd once, as i thougt.
    So if the Attribute changes are within one request a workflow will only triggerd once, regardless of how many values are changing. If you have multiply MPRs which trigger workflows on each of the attributes changes, each of the MPR (an therefore workflow) will Trigger once.

Hope this helps.

Peter 

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Lets say I have 3 MPRs and 3 workflows set up to fire off on the appropriate attribute change.

I would expect to be triggered once as the attribute changes.

What I am unsure of is the state of the FIM object.

Is this the sequence:

1. Request Change of 3 attributes to an Object

2. FIM modifies object for all requested changes.

3. FIM then applies MPRs after FIM object is modified.

I want to be sure that step 3 is blocked until step 2 completes.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Yes for Action Workflows this is the correct sequence.
    Action Workflows are always running after the Request has been done.

Authorizations Workflows are started before the request are done.

Authentication Workflows are evaluated to verify the request is allowed (in ex. for this user)

See also this screenshot where you create Workflows.

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:18 PM