Why do I need to activate Office Pro 2013 every time I Shut Down? There is something obviously wrong. Running Windows 8. RRS feed

• Question

• For some strange reason, I am being requested to activate Office Pro 2013 every time I turn on my PC after I Shut Down.  Then it asks me which of the two Office 2013's I own do I want to activate, but it does not give me the keys to them to identify which one I installed.  (I have documented each key that goes with each machine I installed Office Pro 2013 on).  I select one of the two and it then it informs me that I have activated Office on this machine.  I can then use Office with no problem.    Cool.  No problem, until I turn it off.

If I shut down the computer for the night and the next day I turn it on, I wil get an error telling me I do not have the proper access to use whatever segment of Office (Outlook, word, etc.) I launched.    The only way to fix this is to Repair Office using the Control Panel --> Programs and  Features --> Change and just repair Office on-line which actually re-installs Office.  so I have to go through the whole intro each time.  Then it will ask me for my Microsoft account and password, then it activates Office.  There is something obviously wrong.  Running Windows 8, (Activated) on a SONY VAIO VPCCEB46FX.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 12:48 AM

Answers

All replies