Separate suggested contacts from regular contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to do this? Suggested contacts seem to merge in with my existing contacts.
    Monday, September 11, 2017 2:22 PM

All replies

• Where exactly are you looking?
    Which version of Outlook are you using?

If you are using Outlook 2016, which exact version and build number is reported in; File-> Office Account?

In Version 1708 (which will be released very soon), the suggestions when addressing an email are separated between Recent People (which are in your Contacts list) and Other Suggestions (people which you've emailed before but are not in your Contacts list)

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

• Edited by Roady [MVP]MVP Monday, September 11, 2017 3:58 PM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 18, 2017 8:42 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi Tyler,

Any update on this issue? Have you checked Robert's reply? If you would like further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Looking under "Contacts". Looks like 1612 (16.0.7668.2066).

If that means under Contacts, I'll see two groups (one of my added contacts, one of my suggested), then that works.
    Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Hi Tyler,

Do you mean that the Suggested Contacts folder is missing or contact entries in the Suggested Contacts folder are accidentally moved to the Contacts folder? Since Outlook 2013, the Suggested Contacts feature has been moved out of the way. See:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Where-is-the-Suggested-Contacts-folder-18349431-107b-454f-9d26-ebe420d3ee76

Can you confirm that you have old contact entries in the Suggested Contacts folder? 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:14 AM