Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• About a week ago i was searching on how i could make my vista home basic 32bit have the windows glass and 3d tab flip effect and how i could iconize my task-bar like windows 7. The site told me to go on regedit and make some changes to the registry keys. now every time i restart my computer my task bar is messed up. For example when a window opens up i am supposed to get a tab on the task bar beside the start button but instead my tabs are beside the notification are and there not iconized there just like a mini version of a regular tab. i also keep getting a error about a system 32 module not found. i forgot what changes i made to the registry keys and i also cleaned my restore points before restarting.

Can someone plz help and tell my the deafult keys

Thanks

Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

You can find a working machine like drtunababa suggested and export the corresponding registry related to taskbar from the following path:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Then import it to the problematic PC.

Or you can simply create a new user account and get the default settings.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:13 AM

All replies

• why dont you look for a working vista pc and compare/contrast registry settings. u can go back to d site to check d particular registry hives to edit
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Friday, November 5, 2010 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting!

You can find a working machine like drtunababa suggested and export the corresponding registry related to taskbar from the following path:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Then import it to the problematic PC.

Or you can simply create a new user account and get the default settings.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:13 AM
  • how cud it av skipped mymind!! export>import. also new profile!!!Thks for reminding moderator
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:48 AM