Windows 10 802.1X timers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have some questions about 802.1X implementation in Windows 10.

- what is the timer for 802.1X timeout and how can i change it?

- how many times will Windows 10 try to re-authenticate if 802.X timeout occurs?

- where can i see logs for authentication attempts?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, January 28, 2019 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

By default, the Re-authentication timeout is configured for 30 mins (or 1800 secs).

For more information:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_usr_8021x/configuration/15-mt/sec-user-8021x-15-mt-book/sec-ieee-8021x-rad-supp-sess-t.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hello

30 mins on Cisco switch by default, correct? But i want to know about Windows behavior.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I feel sorry that I have not found any information about the timer for 802.1X timeout in windows 10.

Here is a link about 802.1X authentication troubleshooting.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/advanced-troubleshooting-802-authentication

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Eric

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:33 AM
  • Hello

No, the issue wan't solved. It is really strange that such simple thing as 802.1X timers can't be found in Microsoft documentation. 

Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:48 AM