Filtered Content Query Returning (blank) RRS feed

• Question

• Some Background

The site collection holds a bunch of team sites for various teams. The goal is to roll up a view of everyones Individual Development Plan (a personal document between each employee, their manager and the VP). I have a content type specified and a document library on each particular site that the users can submit their IDP. On the VP's page, I have a Content Query WebPart that searches the entire site collection for documents of type IDP and displays them. This all works as expected.

The Problems

The problem is in implementing a similar query for the managers. Since the managers should only see a list of their particular team members I added a filter to the query. It still searches the full site collection for documents of IDP type and then filters it if the column "Manager" = the particular managers name. This seems to partially work. Instead of the IDP type documents with a different Manager value not showing up, they are simply listed as (blank). I want other these filtered out entries to not appear at all.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi T_Hoffman,

Based on your description, I tried to reproduce it, however everything works fine. Below are my steps.

I create a site collection site1 and subsite of it, subsite1. Then create a site column manager and a site content type IDP based on the site collection level, and then add the column to the content type IDP. In subsite1, add the IDP content type to the documents. Last, create a web part page in site1, add a content query web part on it. Under Query, click Show items from all sites in this site collection. In the List Type section, click Document Library. In the Content Type section, under Show items of this content type group select custom Content Types, IDP. In the Additional Filters section under Shows items when click manager, then in the next field select Equal To, then enter the user name you want.

Please check it, if there is any problem, please provide more information about the filter results, may be picture is best.

Best Regards.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by T_Hoffman Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi T_Hoffman,

Based on your description, I tried to reproduce it, however everything works fine. Below are my steps.

I create a site collection site1 and subsite of it, subsite1. Then create a site column manager and a site content type IDP based on the site collection level, and then add the column to the content type IDP. In subsite1, add the IDP content type to the documents. Last, create a web part page in site1, add a content query web part on it. Under Query, click Show items from all sites in this site collection. In the List Type section, click Document Library. In the Content Type section, under Show items of this content type group select custom Content Types, IDP. In the Additional Filters section under Shows items when click manager, then in the next field select Equal To, then enter the user name you want.

Please check it, if there is any problem, please provide more information about the filter results, may be picture is best.

Best Regards.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by T_Hoffman Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:21 AM
  • My settings were the exact same. I went on the site first thing this morning to double check and it was working as planned....strange. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:35 PM