Configure Frequent visited sites in list format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Internet Explorer Expert,

I have a query here. Usually the frequent visited websites will be shown in series of box icon form and usually we only see 10 icons of frequently visited websites.  Is it possible to change or view the those frequent visited websites in listed format?

Thanks so much for the attention

Regards,

Henry

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

• What I do, is to create "folders" within my Favorites Bar "structure:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, August 22, 2014 9:57 AM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

For me, I prefer to adding my frequent visited sites to the favorites bar, just like this:

You can customize the title width or just show the icon only, it's very convenient for use.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:30 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:30 AM
  • Hi Yolanda,

Thanks..That's a good idea too. Just when the visited sites getting more and more, it is definitely mess the whole favourite bar. I have been searching for the way to put it in list...however, I can't find any settings pertaining this.

Anyway Thanks again.

Regards,

Henry

Friday, August 15, 2014 6:26 AM
  • Is it possible to change or view the those frequent visited websites in listed format?

The only change allowed is to take stuff out never to be seen again.  E.g. it is probably safe to do that with Survey URL.  You can also change the size of it.  There is a registry hack floating around which does that.  Another option is to use the History By most visited which is bigger than the normal Frequent list.  You can "edit" that also by removing stuff you don't care to see again.  I don't know if either list gets the idea not to bother showing you similar things again, e.g. any other surveys in the future.  FWIW I once used it as a suggestion list for promotion to the Favorites Bar (aka Links bar).  Then I would delete it from the Frequent list, never to be seen there again, but then to get the amusement of seeing what would appear in its place.  I think maybe I should do that again because it is a bit useless seeing the same things in both places.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:54 PM
    Answerer

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Friday, August 22, 2014 9:57 AM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:29 PM

It shows ok in "Desktop" IE, but doesn't work quite so well in Modern IE, because Modern.IE doesn't do vertical flyouts like this.

Don

Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:33 PM