none
When deploy: Wizard error a connection to the deployment share could not be made "check physical connection" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

yet another issue with deploying a masterdisk. I will give you a short explanation of the situation.

I need to deploy Windows 8.1 PRO x86. 

Using: Microsoft Deployment Workbench Microsoft Version: 6.2.5019.0

1. Reference PC: Windows 8.1 PRO x86 is installed on ORACLE Virtual Box.

2.  I installed  MDT on my workstation Windows 7 x64, where "C:\DeploymentShare\Windows8" is located.

3. To change the Unattended.xml file, I have second ORACLE Virtual Box with Windows 8.1 PRO x86 with MDT, which connected to the DeploymentShare of Windows 7 x64.

- The reason is because the Reference PC is x86 and the Unattended.xml file can be changed only if MDT is installed on x86 Windows, otherwise it is not possible.

The image capture is successful.

Then I create bootable USB device using rufus-1.4.12.exe. I use: C:\DeploymentShare\Windows8\Boot\LiteTouchPE_x86.iso

I use a real PC (not virtual machine) and when the deployment starts I see: 

1 Welcome screen, where I select: Run the deployment wizard to  install a new operating system.

2. The next screen is an error screen where I see the error: 

"Wizard error

A connection to the deployment share (\\ComputerName\C\DeployemntShare )could not be made

DHCP Lease was not obtained for any Networking devices!

Possible cause: Check physical connection

...."

I am relatively new with MDT.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Monday, January 5, 2015 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hit F8 in WinPE to pull up a command prompt; run an ipconfig to see if you are pulling an IP address. If you are not pulling an IP, make sure your boot image contains the appropriate network driver for your physical device.

-Nick O.

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hit F8 in WinPE to pull up a command prompt; run an ipconfig to see if you are pulling an IP address. If you are not pulling an IP, make sure your boot image contains the appropriate network driver for your physical device.

-Nick O.

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:01 PM
  • Nick,

Thank you for the answer!

Yesterday, I figured out that I need to create an offline bootable disk. 

The issue is caused, because creating a bootable disk with rufus.exe include only the ISO file and not the WIM file. That is the reason why during OS installation process it asks me for the shared folder...

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:08 AM