Ticket's Affected Item Section: could it possible to filter it ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

customer is going to adopt heavily SCSM 2012 R2.

One of his complain is around IR categorization; he would like to add CI within Affected Items.

When he clicks on Add button, the result is:

Is it possible to filter the object listed in that field to improve operator efficiency and increase user experience ?

Thanks

Grazie mille Alex

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:56 PM

Answers

• You can't filter the marked list in your screenshot without coding (as far as I know).

But it should be possible to "code" your own "Add" button in the Incident form to open a different dialog. But these needs some development.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think so. Maybe the good way is to use Template ?

Remy BOVI

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:18 AM
  • You can't filter the marked list in your screenshot without coding (as far as I know).

But it should be possible to "code" your own "Add" button in the Incident form to open a different dialog. But these needs some development.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:33 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

haven't you tips to share with me about catching above you suggestion?

I've no develop skill, so I have some trouble to translate concretely your advise...

Grazie mille Alex

Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:34 AM
  • I suggest that you might approach this from a different angle. If an analyst wants to create a Incident manually using the Console and Incident is clearly regarding a Program or Software CI which is being fed into the CMDB using the SCCM connector, then he or could first go to a "SCCM Program" view which only shows instances of the correct class. Look up the program there and then create an Incident from the Task section on the right in the console. Could that work?

Would also like to mention that you can create "Query Result" boxes in a Request Offering which points to one specific class. That way an end user can fill out a form in the portal, and do some of the work the analyst will be doing using the console by selecting an actual CI object instead of just text.

If there is a somewhat limited amount of Software items that you want to track in Incident Management then Remy's proposal using templates is also a good one.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:28 PM