none
unable to login RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

First i have to appolige for my bad english because i'm dutch. I have a windows xp media center pc. I have installed windows with two accounts wich i called "huis" en "openbaar". The next step was to install windows steady state 2.5 with disk protection, i had set the automatical update for windows xp. The internet conection is trough a open wlan network wich needs a account and pasword entered in internet explorer to acces the internet. after using the pc for a week i can't get in my account because it's unable to acces because it is updating it said. the pc cant enter the internet conection and therefore can't execute the update. i have left the pc working for a day but the same message still appears that i can acces my account because of the running updates. i have tried to start in windows safe mode but it also can login, i tried to use the "administrator" account but the pc says that these account doesn't existed. i'm desperred and steady state is driving me crazy so i hope anyone can help me.

Niels van Hoorn
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Niels, 

Maybe try unplugging the PC from the network? Maybe the update will fail, or thinks it can not get to the internet.  Sounds like having the account and password should be doing that.  I would also try booting from the last configuration that worked option.  If that doesn't work you may have no choice but run a restore by using the Windows XP CD, booting to it running a quick format, than update everything before installing steady state.  Than in Steady State set the update there, instead of using the Windows Update (I know its sort of the same thing), but maybe they could be fighting each other.

Hope That Helps,

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    San Benito County Free Library
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:29 PM