Resource Availability View RRS feed

• Question

• Using PS2010 - Select 1 resource (does not matter how many I chose) for 1 month (does not matter how many I chose), I see 12 "My Timesheets" in the Details section at the bottom.  Why are there so many "My Timesheets"?  We only use 2 Admin Tasks.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:10 PM

Answers

• Here is how I would look at it:

The filter on the Resource Availability is not on the projects/timesheets. It is for all Assignemnets that the Resource has been allocated for. My thoery is that Project Server treats Timesheets internally also similar to open Projects that a resource has been allocated or part of. So All timesheets that they have created/or been active in will appear, with obviousy no work "assigned" to them in the period you have selected.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:07 PM

All replies

• Which menu are you starting from?  Very hard to determine where you are with so little details.

Assuming you are on timesheets, the default view is 3 months or 12 timesheets.  The top is the most current.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:38 PM
  • Kathy,

The My Timesheets you see in Resource Availability, represent the timesheets that your resources submitted or have saved work in. This is mainly to capture the Administrative work from the timesheets.

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Thanks, Prasanna, you are correct.  We started using PS2010 the first of January 2011.  So when I select the date range 1/1/2011 to 6/30/2011, the number of "My Timesheets" for an individual depends on how active the individual was in using the Admin Tasks (I have a couple of users who very seldom records time on Admin Tasks).  The follow-up question is - do you know if there are any plans to only show the "My Timesheet" for the period filtered?  For example, for the user who has 14 "My Timesheet" for Jan-June, when I filter for the month of June only, I would expect to see far fewer than 14 "My Timesheets".  In fact, I should at the most see 4 to 5 "My Timesheet". Don't you agree?

Thanks,
    Kathy

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Here is how I would look at it:

The filter on the Resource Availability is not on the projects/timesheets. It is for all Assignemnets that the Resource has been allocated for. My thoery is that Project Server treats Timesheets internally also similar to open Projects that a resource has been allocated or part of. So All timesheets that they have created/or been active in will appear, with obviousy no work "assigned" to them in the period you have selected.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:07 PM
  • I did some testing based on this thread, because I was also struggling with the My Timesheet visibility.  My testing showed that a My Timesheet line item will display for each time period in which a resource has logged time (planned or actual) against an administrative task that is marked as "working."  It does not matter whether the sheet is in-progress, submitted, or closed (I didn't test for a rejected status).  It also does not matter whether the period itself is open or closed.

I didn't test to see if the behavior is different if you enter the time as a delegate, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Friday, January 10, 2014 12:08 AM