none
Tab button doesn't indent, instead formats font/font size/color of font.

Question

• Hi there, 

I have recently updated my Mac to the newer Microsoft 2016 and every time I hit the tab button to indent the format of the font, font size, and color change instead of indenting my paper. 

Please help this is a very annoying issue.

Max

• Moved by Michael_LS Friday, April 29, 2016 2:35 AM relocated
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Max,

What's your detailed Office application version?

I tested in my environment with Microsoft Word for Mac Version 15.21.1 and was not able to reproduce your issue. I pressed Tab in Word and was able to intend the format.

If possible, please provide a screenshot about your issue here for further analysis. Additionally, please create a new document and use the Tab in Word to confirm if the issue persists. Also check this feature in Outlook application.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:41 AM

All replies

• If by Microsoft 2016 you actually mean Microsoft Office 2016 you need to go to the appropriate MS Office forums found @ MS Office IT Pro category forums and post in the appropriate forum.

This particular forum is specifically for the Windows 7 operating system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:29 PM
  • Hi Max,

What's your detailed Office application version?

I tested in my environment with Microsoft Word for Mac Version 15.21.1 and was not able to reproduce your issue. I pressed Tab in Word and was able to intend the format.

If possible, please provide a screenshot about your issue here for further analysis. Additionally, please create a new document and use the Tab in Word to confirm if the issue persists. Also check this feature in Outlook application.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:41 AM