How to Get manually created registry key value using asp.net in Windows 7. ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all, I am Using Windows 7 Express Edition, I need to register a path in registry as follows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ProductConfiguration Here ProductConfiguration in my Key Name. In This Key, i need to add Some Path using string value(LicensePath) I added same above in the registry. But When i am trying to read the same path using .NET, am getting null i use the following code. //RegistryKey ReadKey = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\ProductConfiguration"); //string sPath = (string)ReadKey.GetValue("LicensePath"); if i add ProductConfiguration under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplication\ProductConfiguration i am getting the path. Anybody can help me please
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue is mostly related to the asp.net issue, I suggest you post at the MSDN forum for further help:

General Windows Development Issues Forum

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:26 AM