none
How to define Resource Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

In 2016 Project Server, there is a new feature for resource request.

I submitted the request through MS Project, but I don't know who receives the request. On search, I found that the resource manager will receive. I need to know how to set resource manager and from where he will approve or reject? 

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Edited by Kashif Nizam Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:41 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply.

That was not my question. I wanted to know how to define resource manager. However, I just found that there is a group (Resource Manager) and within that, there's a permission called Manage Resource Engagements which should be selected. Apart from this, the Category should have resource selected for whom resource manager needs to approve engagements.

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:21 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Kashif,

There is no resource “owner”; all resource managers are able to review any resource engagement, no matter who the resource is. Note that resource manager can enable the option "resource requires approval for all project assignments" for their resources.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply.

That was not my question. I wanted to know how to define resource manager. However, I just found that there is a group (Resource Manager) and within that, there's a permission called Manage Resource Engagements which should be selected. Apart from this, the Category should have resource selected for whom resource manager needs to approve engagements.

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:21 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:21 AM