IE 10 AND WEB PAGES RRS feed

• General discussion

• I HAVE USED IE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER AND THIS NEW #10 IS A FAR CRY FROM ANY OF

THE OLDER ONE. THE FIRST THING I NOTICED IS CORP WEB PAGES. IN MY WORK I AM ALWAYS ON

A MFG. WEB SITE DOING MY ORDERS FOR MATERIALS. NOW THESE ARE NOT LITTLE COMPANIES THEY

ARE SITES LIKE GE,SIEMENS AND OTHER ALIKE. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID SO MICROSOFT DOES

NOT BLAME THEM I FIND ROWS AND COLLUMS DO NOT LINE UP ON WEB PAGE PURCHASE ORDER FORMS

AND THEY ALWAYS DID ON ALL THE OLDER INTERNET EXPLORER. ICONS ARE NOT ON THE PAGES WHERE

THEY BELONG I HAVE JUST REMOVED THE IE10 UPDATE AND ALL WENT BACK TO NORMAL. I WISH BEFORE

THEY LAUNCH A PRODUCT THEY SHOULD BETA IT A LOT LONGER AND LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GIVING

THEM FEED BACK. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIOS HAPPENED AND ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:11 AM

All replies

• Web based material, (HTML, HTML5, ASP, PHP etc.) all react slightly differently based on the browser that is rendering the page.  For example, what may be tested and looks great on IE8 may not look the same in IE9, IE10, Opera, Safari, Firefox or other browsers.  Additionally, no browser can be tweaked for each and every website out there as this would be totally impossible, nor can every web site designer take into account every known web browser, the user settings and such.  Most web sites are built and tested on the most popular web browsers and design around this factor.  Occasionally, as you have mentioned, something just doesn't look right and this can be expected.  You may want to play around with the settings in IE10 to see if this corrects the issue or report the issue to the company's Webmaster.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:28 PM