Help RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to veiw my Xray pictures from a disc and its telling me to download MDAC 2.5 SP2. Then I ok it and it tells me that the system failed. What do I need to do?
    Friday, September 2, 2011 1:03 AM

Answers

• Are you trying to view those pictures by using a software that manages and queries a database by using ADO or DAO (and so needs the installation of MDAC) technology?
    If this is the case, you must try to run the program in compatibility mode with a previous Windows version or virtualize it by using Windows Virtual PC with XP mode and try again.

Otherwise, please provide more details about the problem you're experimenting.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:38 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 10:28 PM

All replies

• What is the file extension of the picture files on your disc?

Friday, September 2, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Are you trying to view those pictures by using a software that manages and queries a database by using ADO or DAO (and so needs the installation of MDAC) technology?
    If this is the case, you must try to run the program in compatibility mode with a previous Windows version or virtualize it by using Windows Virtual PC with XP mode and try again.

Otherwise, please provide more details about the problem you're experimenting.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:38 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 10:28 PM