none
Forcing Outlook to use email account for sending emails

Question

• Hi

Before I changed over my PC and laptop, I had a script which allowed me to force outlook to use a particular email address when sending emails, as I was using a different profile to manage my calendar etc. I remember it made registry changes, and worked a treat.

However I cannot find it and am wondering if anyone has come across this (or a similar) script as I found it easy and foolproof to install?

Many thanks

Neil

Friday, April 28, 2017 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Neil,

From the description, I guess you have multiple email accounts set up in the same Outlook profile and you want to specify a particular email account as the default when when sending emails, am I correct? 

What type of email account are you using? Exchange, POP3 or IMAP?

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

Here is a macro which enables you to start a new message with a specific email account, you may have a try with it and see if it meets your requirement:

Public Sub New_Mail()
    Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account
    Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
       If oAccount = "Name_of_Default_Account" Then
          Set oMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
          oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount
          oMail.Display
       End If
    Next
    End Sub

See the following article for more information:

https://www.slipstick.com/developer/send-using-default-or-specific-account/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 1, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Hi Steve

Thanks for your response.  I don't understand how to program this  but will figure it out. I'm using IMAP for my email.

Its just that I recall there was a small program I was able to deploy (an exe, I think) and was hoping to find it again but thanks for this as I'm sure i'll get there!

Regards

Neil

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:59 PM
  • Hi Neil,

have a look at SetAccount tool.

Exchange and Outlook utilities at
    http://www.ivasoft.com

Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:39 PM
  • Hi Neil,

How is everything going? Does the macro fix the issue? You can refer to the link I provided before for the detailed steps to use the macro.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 8, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Hey Steve and Victor

Thanks for this.  It's almost exactly what I was looking for.

I can't find the add-in when I go to load it up (after extracting the files with Outlook closed etc) so don't know what I am doing wrong but will work on it.

I'll let you know how I go! but

Regards (and many thanks)

Neil

UPDATE:  Got it working now. I thought I had a 64-bit machine but alas it was not - but it's now working fine.  Thank you so much for this!  It is really helpful.  Will also check out the paid version.  Ace!!

• Edited by NeilTJ3806 Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:23 AM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:59 AM