none
DPM Server cannot contact protected server under heavy CPU load RRS feed

• Question

• I have a protected server which is used for some simulations which consume absolutely every CPU ressource available for long periods of time (hours/days).

I get warning alerts emails like this repeatedly:

The following alert became inactive at 24-05-2016 07:30:04.
    Computer: XX
    Description: Unable to contact DPM protection agent.
    The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on XX.

For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and review the alert details in the Monitoring task area.

They are always followed by a Resolved Warning Alert - usually 30 minutes later. Sometimes 60 minutes later.

Jobs seem to be completing successfully, but all of those alerts ae annoying.

The alert details all look like this:

Affected area: XX
    Occurred since: 24-05-2016 15:30:02
    Description: The DPM protection agent on XX could not be contacted. Subsequent protection activities for this computer may fail if the connection is not established. The attempted contact failed for the following reason: (ID 3122)
     The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on XX. (ID 308 Details: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation (0x8007000E))
    Date inactivated: 24-05-2016 16:00:03
    Recommended action: No action is required because this alert is inactive.

Any thoughts on how to avoid them? The simulation software is running at normal CPU priority. Maybe I could increase the CPU priority of the agent? Don't know how to do that, though...

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:49 PM