Word 2007 Equations do not appear when saved as PDF RRS feed

• Question

• There does not seem to be an answer to this anywhere.  When I use equation editor to create equations and then save the docx document as a PDF, most of the equation text has disappeared.  I have tried all combinations of PDF save as settings to no avail.  This is exceedingly frustrating as I had to switch from Lyx where equations are handled beautifully to Word, where they seem to be handled reasonably until this problem popped up.
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:36 PM

Answers

• Try using one of the free pdf convertors that you use as a printer such as PrimoPDF

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"maarrck" wrote in message news:84097a35-fb03-46bb-85f4-c4ac0388203a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

There does not seem to be an answer to this anywhere.  When I use equation editor to create equations and then save the docx document as a PDF, most of the equation text has disappeared.  I have tried all combinations of PDF save as settings to no avail.  This is exceedingly frustrating as I had to switch from Lyx where equations are handled beautifully to Word, where they seem to be handled reasonably until this problem popped up.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Proposed as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:55 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 11:04 PM

All replies

• Try using one of the free pdf convertors that you use as a printer such as PrimoPDF

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"maarrck" wrote in message news:84097a35-fb03-46bb-85f4-c4ac0388203a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

There does not seem to be an answer to this anywhere.  When I use equation editor to create equations and then save the docx document as a PDF, most of the equation text has disappeared.  I have tried all combinations of PDF save as settings to no avail.  This is exceedingly frustrating as I had to switch from Lyx where equations are handled beautifully to Word, where they seem to be handled reasonably until this problem popped up.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Proposed as answer by David Wolters Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:55 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 11:04 PM
  • The Microsoft component produces PDF/A, which is why I was going in that direction.  It looks as though PrimoPDF does this too.  Thanks for the suggestion!
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:19 PM
  • I had a similar problem . I use word 2007 with Windows 7 . After writing a docx file containing some equations and trying to convert the file to pdf or printing the file , some equations disappeared.  I discovered that these equations were written while word writing direction was " right to left " . when I changed these equations to " left to right direction " , every thing becomes ok.
    • Proposed as answer by Naz900L Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:04 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 5:08 AM