video cards in vista (yes i know there is a faq) RRS feed

• Question

• Ok i have 2 video cards both have dual heads. one is a ati 9600 and the other is a ati 9250. i can only use them one at a time (code 43). does vista have problems using both pci and agp cards at the same time? i am also having problems running 2 video cards on pci (both dual head one ati 9250 and an nvidia something)

btw latest drivers don't work from the manufacturers and ati doesn't support the 9200 series in vista so i have been trying the basic windows driver (microsoft 9200 series) or the windows xp driver. ati has a driver for the 9600 out for vista.

any ideas would be appreciated

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:59 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Check the your hardware compatiability with windows vista specially MotherBoard and VGA Cards

Thursday, December 7, 2006 2:17 PM
  • Ok here's how i solved it. i booted into my XP Pro OS (dual boot) and viewed the details on each of the drivers and copied all the files for the older xp drivers to an atitmp folder then whent into the c:\windows\inf folder and copied out ati*.* to  the atitmp folder. when i loaded vista i forced it to find the drivers in this folder for both the 9250 and the 9600 and it worked perfectly. i'm now running a quad monitor system using an agp 9600 and a pci 9250 in vista.
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 4:33 PM