App-V 4.6 support ended last week. Window 10 drops next week. Does that mean 4.6 will never be supported on Win10? RRS feed

• Question

• Mainstream support for App-v 4.6 ended on July 14th and Windows 10 is coming out July 29th. Does that mean Microsoft will never support App-v 4.6 on Windows 10?

Thanks,

Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old.

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:51 PM

Answers

• Sounds like a reasonable assumption based on the publically available information and timelines.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, July 24, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• Sounds like a reasonable assumption based on the publically available information and timelines.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, July 24, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

Not to be dense but was that a yes, no, or you're not sure either? Only mainstream supported ended for 4.6 on the 14th, extended support continues all the way to July 14th, 2020.

Love your site by the way. Have used it many times while troubleshooting App-v related issues.

Thanks,

Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old.

Friday, July 24, 2015 6:35 PM