Idle logoff timer is not working for one workstation RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have the Idle timer on all stations set to 5 minutes.  This is a brand new machine so it never had the shared access toolkit installed like the other public machines, so I went straight to steady state.  I also had to rename bubble.exe because it was warning the users (and confussing the heck out them in the process) that steady state would make any changes disappear unless saved. 

At any rate the machines idle timer (the blue bar with a countdown) never comes on and the machine stays logged in until the first timer times out, than it logs off.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:58 PM

Answers

•  

Hi James,

Thank you for posting here!

Have you test this with another user account?

As I know, the countdown box is the ForceLogoff.exe under the following location. Please check if it is still here. If so, run it manually to check the result.

C:\Program Files\Windows SteadyState\

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:36 AM

All replies

•  

Hi James,

Thank you for posting here!

Have you test this with another user account?

As I know, the countdown box is the ForceLogoff.exe under the following location. Please check if it is still here. If so, run it manually to check the result.

C:\Program Files\Windows SteadyState\

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:36 AM
  • Dear Shawn,

Thank you for getting to my post so quickly

Sure enough the file ForceLogoff.exe was not there, so I copied it from another computer that timer(s) are working and sure enough the station logs off after five minutes of idle time.

Thank you sir!

James Ghiorzi 

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:27 PM