none
Custom Activity for Approve on Behalf of RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to find any examples of how to create a custom activity to approve on behalf of a given user.  The scenario is, manager is out of town and wants a listed delegate on the manager's user object, such as an assistant, to approve a pending request for a direct report.

The other scenario is that the manager is out of town but the assistant needs to make a request on behalf of the manager, such as editing a direct report's user object.

I have worked with this example as a starting point for custom activities and have done a lot of Googling, Binging, etc.. to find custom approval activities examples but there is not a whole lot out there.

Any examples, pointers, lucky rabbit feet etc.. would be most welcomed!

Cheers!

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:36 PM

All replies

• Tell me if I'm wrong, but a reference attribute bound to users called Manager's Assistant....such that it looks and acts like the Manager attrib.

Then in your approval workflow, you just use the assistant in the escalation.  ??

I can't advise you on who you let update/change that attribute, but we currently let our user's update their manager attrib, they should also know who the manager's assistant is as well...yes?

The second scenario would be an MPR allowing edit of user's attribs if the request is from the set of "Manager's assistants"....although it would be difficult and time consuming to allow them to edit only those people with that manager.

• Proposed as answer by gdtilghman Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:33 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 10:38 PM