none
Sharepoint/outlook interaction issues - Calendar will not sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I've got a slight issue with Sharepoint 2007 and how it interacts with Windows XP/Office 2007. Now what happens is that when a user adds a calendar it will seem to go fine, up until the user trys to add something then whatever they add will cause the following error -

"(0x00000000) : 'SharePoint site - Calendar' Failed to copy one or more items because some are not compatible with SharePoint. The failed items were moved to your Local Failures folder and replaced with copies from the server. If you need assistance troubleshooting items in your local failures folder, a Help topic is available at the following address: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId70300. For details, see the log file ."

This issue seems to only be occurring with users running Window XP and Office 2007. Up until now we've just been upgrading the users to boxes running windows 7 and Office 2010 which doesn't have this issue but unfortunately this computer cannot be upgraded as the other ones were. I have tried the following steps:

Removing the Calendar and adding it back in again (no effect)
    Creating a fresh new mail profile (no effect)
    Repairing Outlook (no effect)
    Reinstalling Outlook (no effect)
    Creating a completely new user profile (no effect)
    Giving the user full permissions on that site (no effect)
    Tried creating a new, empty calendar and use it (Same error)
    Beating the keyboard to a pulp (not effective but definitely satisfying)

Now, I have noticed that when initially added the calendars have "read" access but not "write" but partway through the first sync that becomes "write" access for no apparent reason. I should also note that we're definitely trying to add an appointment to the calendar, not a meeting request because that definitely will not work.

I have no idea, I'm starting to think that I'll have to tell the user that it's not possible and they'll have to upgrade their computer or interact with the calendar via the webpage. The strange thing is that up until the week before last this system worked for everyone, we haven't changed anything in the last month.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:17 AM

Answers

• On April 8, 2014, Microsoft released KB2863811.  The article states the following:

"After you install the February 2013 cumulative update or public update 2760822 for Outlook 2007, Outlook cannot synchronize with the SharePoint site."

This applies to the issue that we were experiencing and KB2863811 corrects this problem.  It is available for download through the link provided, Windows Update, or WSUS.

I will be pushing the update out through WSUS, but all clients here already have the original update installed, so this will affect new machines put on the network, which won't happen for at least another month.  For any of you that were waiting on this, could you install the update and let us know how things work in your environment, please?

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:19 PM

All replies

• I recently just discovered the same thing.  I'm not certain how long this has been going on for, as users don't typically let us know immediately when something happens.

We're using SharePoint 2010 and users have Windows 7 with Office 2007.

When a user newly connects the calendar to Outlook, everything syncs just fine.  However, when the user tries to insert a new appointment to the SharePoint calendar via Outlook, the appointment initially displays, then disappears.  In fact, if you set the appointment to be in the past or right now, a reminder will pop up and then disappear, so it is registering locally.  Setting a new appointment without a reminder still causes the same result.  After the event disappears, Outlook shows it is trying to synchronize, and then displays Send/Receive failure messages:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x81020026) : 'Failed to copy one or more items. for Details, see log file .'

Task 'Sharepoint' reported error (0x00000000) : 'SharePoint Calendar Name - Failed to copy one or more items because some are not compatible with SharePoint.  The failed items were moved to your Local Failures folder and replaced with copies from the server.  If you need assistance troubleshooting items in your Local Failures folder, a Help topic is available at the following address: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70300.  For details, see the log file .'

There are no items stored in any of said folders.  The URL provided only shows how to handle any items in said folders.

The user can input new events directly into SharePoint, so it shouldn't be a rights issue; in addition, the user can delete events they created, so it definitely cannot be a rights issue.  Users are separated into departments, and other users in the department do not have an issue.  I am a domain admin and have full access to everything, but I get the same response when connecting to certain calendars.  I am also very hesitant to remove the calendar from a working email account for fear that the users will run into the same problem, thus creating more users with issues.

My initial reaction was that it was related to the latest batch of fouled updates released on September 10th, but Samuel posted this at 6:20 am, so it can't be that.

Upon re-reading Samuel's entry above, I decided to try it out on a system that has Office 2010 installed.  I logged in as myself, connected the SharePoint Calendar to Outlook 2010, and added a new appointment without any errors or issues.  Just to double-check, I went back to a known affected machine (with Office 2007), logged in as myself, and tried to add a new appointment to said calendar.  It failed just as before.

I also checked in with the user who reported the issue and he believes that the last time this worked correctly was possibly a month ago and the first time he noticed the issue was September 9th.  Given this, plus what Samuel provided, there is a possibility that this is due to one of the updates to the Office 2007 system that was provided in August.  I'm going to do some trial and error with an affected system and see if I can resolve this.

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:43 PM
  • I ended up fixing the issue finally -

1. Removed all the mail profiles
    2. Un-installed Office 2007
    3. Nuked all the local files related to outlook and their roaming counterparts (excluding of course the users mail archives)
    4. Tore up any remaining registry entries related to mail profiles or outlook (after backing up the registry of course)
    5. Restarted the computer
    6. Re-installed Office 2007
    7. Recreated the users mail profile
    8. Recreated the connections to SharePoint

Somehow doing all of these seems to have solved the issue, of course this was an outlier case where the user couldn't upgrade to Office 2010, otherwise I would've just spent 10 minutes doing that and saved myself the headache.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:09 AM
  • Did you reapply all the outlook and office patches that had been applied around the break time?
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:14 PM
  • That makes sense that a complete nuke then reinstall would work, but it's not applicable in a working environment.  I cannot (nor do I have the time to) do a complete reinstall and re-patching of all Office product on every computer in the domain.  There has to be an update which caused this to fail.  Either that, or there should be some type of hotfix.

What I may try doing (thanks to your suggestion) is to try a repair of the Office installation.  I'm not sure how that will help, but I will give it a shot.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Monday, October 7, 2013 6:34 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Through additional investigation, I have found that the reason why this is happening is that when an affected machine tries to connect to a SharePoint calendar, it is doing so as Read.  To check this, click File | Data File Management.  In the new window, select the SharePoint Lists tab, highlight the calendar (if you are connected to it) and select Change.  It will show you the details of the connections, which will show Write on an unaffected machine, but will show as Read on affected machines.

That would make it seem as though the permissions are wrong.  Checking on the list permissions, it shows that I have full rights as part of the Team Site Owners group.  Adding myself as an individual user to the specific list and granting full access, I can connect to the calendar and add events, but I cannot delete events.  The added events will sync with the calendar on SharePoint, but deleting the event causes the even to disappear on in Outlook 2007, but it still shows on the SharePoint calendar.  Refreshing the calendar in Outlook does not help.

I have also thought that maybe it would be user specific and not machine specific, but logging in as a separate user on the same machine yields the same results.  Logging into an unaffected machine as myself allows the proper connection to the SharePoint calendar, allowing me to add, edit, and delete items from said calendar in Outlook without any problems.  The unaffected machine is fully patched now, and still no problems.  There is something very wrong here.

I also want to think that this is possibly a server-side issue, but if that were the case, why would it be working on one machine but not the other?

I have found that Microsoft has offered a hotfix that has fixed an issue similar to this with WSS 3.0: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959642/en-us.  The specific part that interests me says the following:

You receive a "You cannot make changes to contents of this read-only folder" error message when you try to use Outlook to add items to a Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) discussion list.

While I do not receive that message, it is quite similar.  Because it's a very old patch (2008) and doesn't exactly match our issue, I'm reluctant to apply it.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Monday, October 7, 2013 6:40 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Mister.Mike, did you get any results with the Office repair?

I am thinking an Event Receiver firing only for the Outlook 2007 (in case it fires before failing permissions) might fix it if my own scenario doesn't let the full re-install / upgrade / working repair can happen.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:05 AM
  • Due to time constraints, as well as Patch Tuesday, I am not going to get around to performing the Office repair until Thursday late afternoon.  I'll post back here on Friday with the results.

I have run through scenario after scenario in my head for over a week and it's still not making sense.  It's almost like there is a trust issue between the computer and SharePoint.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:48 PM
  • I ran a full repair of Office last night, complete with reboot.  Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue and the calendar is still trying to connect to Outlook with only Read permissions.

While I understand that Samuel_j_Brooks got his system working again by completely uninstalling then reinstalling, it is not an acceptable solution for us.  The amount of work that it will entail is almost not worth the effort, as it involves installing Office XP, installing the upgrade to Office 2007, then running all updates since the beginning of time.  There has to be a better solution.

Friday, October 11, 2013 1:45 PM
  • I'm curious about this response, and whether a definite cause and solution has been identified.  This reply seems like a similar situation and plausible theory.  I'm a SharePoint developer and admin in a fairly large enterprise, and starting about that time there have been Outlook 2007 to SharePoint 2010 synch issues fitting this very well.  They are not universal, but impact isolated clients.  Office 2010 upgrade consistently resolves the problem and patching is centrally managed and pushed in a distributed manner.  I'm afraid we'll have a very wide-spread problem to to 2007 patching long before Office 2010 upgrades can be deployed.  So I'd like to understand the cause and solution early  to prevent a widespread problem.

VR,  Dave

Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Hi Dave - Unfortunately, I have only identified additional symptoms, which are what is causing the OP issue of not synchronizing.   Just as in your case, I've narrowed it down to be machine-specific, as the same user on a different machine does not have this problem and a different user on the same machine does have this problem.

I've also looked up numerous patches on both clients and SharePoint Server, but they've all lead to (what I believe are) dead ends.  To be honest, I've gone over this case so many times that I'm worried I may have missed something small.

I'm really trying to avoid upgrading Office, as we didn't budget for it.  More importantly, I'm not a fan of using upgrade as the solution of software that is not yet obsolete.  If we were using Office 2003 or prior, then I would probably just accept it and upgrade.  But since you have confirmed that an upgrade does resolve the issue, I'll suggest to my superior to get a couple of copies for testing purposes.  If it indeed gets rid of this problem, then I may just have to bite the bullet and purchase upgrades.  Regardless, there should be some kind of hotfix that Microsoft can offer to actually resolve the problem.  I may have to just give Microsoft a call; they generally won't charge for issues caused by their product at no fault to the customer.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:06 PM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:03 PM
  • We recently came across this issue in my workplace.

I put it down to a patch because our users regularly use the calendars and they noticed it stop working about a month ago.

Found that if you uninstall KB2825999 from the workstation it resolves the issues.

Still confirming this as a fix and working out impact etc of it's removal.

• Edited by Dork45 Friday, October 25, 2013 2:30 AM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 2:28 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't like to simply upgrade to solve problems either, seems like giving up :). On the other hand, I can't afford to invest a lot of time on isolated problems and upgrading has many other benefits as well.  My problem is that upgrades are managed by a CM process and if routine 2007 patching is causing the problem, we could end up with hundreds of people dependent on Outlook-linked SP calendars asking for help to an issue we can't solve.  On the other hand, I can ask to stop CM processes based on an unfounded guess that it's breaking linked calendars.

So far upgrading has worked every time though, so hopefully that will work for you.  I'm going to try to call MS about this, if I learn anything helpful, I'll post.

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:28 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Dork45.  Unfortunately, the first instance of this issue reported that the user initially experienced the problem in August, so a September update didn't cause this on our end.  I did, however, give your suggestion a try by uninstalling KB2825999, but it did not change the situation.  I am glad that you are out of the hole on this one, at least.  I really hope it is something as simple as a patch, because then I could just approve the patch for removal from WSUS and be done with it.
    Friday, October 25, 2013 4:16 PM
  • We are experiencing sync issues across 3 different networks.  We have SP 2010 & SP 2007 with Outlook 2007.  Our sync issues were reported around 20 September.  They started with the following error:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x00004005): 'An error occurred in this SharePoint List (Name of List).  Try updating the folder again.  If the problem continues, contact the SharePoint site administrator.  HTTP 500.  The server returned the following error message:  Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.  An error occurred connecting to http://sitename.  A connection to http://sitename an alternate web address for this SharePoint site will be attempted.'

Since October 21st we are getting the same errors as posted above:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x81020026): 'Failed to copy one or more items. For details, see the log file.'

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x0000000): 'Calendar - Name - failed to copy one or more items because some are not compatible with SharePoint.  The failed items were moved to your local failures folder and replaced with copyies from the server.  If you need assistance.... 

This is happening on our preproduction servers for each of the networks.  The problem is I uninstalled all updates from September - present on one of the preproduction servers and it did not help.  I also reinstalled the Microsoft Sync Framework with no results.

I had a user workstation reimaged with no updates applied from the last 3 mos - did not help.  Next I am building a 2008R2 server with no updates applied from the last 3 mos and install SP 2010 & SQL. 

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Hello,

I Got this error, since october 23, when a user started to use a new desktop.

Here I have this scenario:

Sharepoint 2010 + Office 2007 and, the same problem

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x81020026): 'Failed to copy one or more items. For details, see the log file.'

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x0000000): 'Calendar - Name - failed to copy one or more items because some are not compatible with SharePoint.  The failed items were moved to your local failures folder and replaced with copyies from the server.  If you need assistance.... 

Today i'll try this: REMOVE KB2825999, and Reinstall Office 2007.

Lucky for us

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:58 AM
  • HI ,

I came across this issue also around the end of august, on Office 2007 and MOSS 2007.

From our WSUS server the update KB2825999 hasn't been approved yet, but I managed to resolve the problem by

Uninstalling KB2767849  and reinstall Office 2007.

I didn't have to nuke anything related to MS Office , as Samuel L Brooks had to.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Mden - Do you happen to know if only uninstalling KB2767849 worked or only reinstalling Office worked?  I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is causing this.  I also cannot afford to go around to 20+ machines and reinstall Office.  I also cannot be guaranteed that this won't happen again.  In a way, I'm glad that more and more people are noticing a problem and that it's not just a few of us.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:19 PM
  • Hello

I just removed KB2767849 and reinstalled Office 2007, worked for me.

But I have users that already have this KB installed and just not reported this error, it's just occurred when the user create a new profille or new outlook profille.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:53 PM
  • I've tried to chase the problem-patch theory, and haven't been able to resolve the issue by removing patches. I didn't do the removal myself, but presuming it was done correctly, that did not resolve the sycnronization issues.

I did some additional digging that leads me back to thinking this is somehow related to individual events.  For one, I created a test calendar in a different SharePoint farm, gave one of the users full control, had them link to Outlook and try soem entries.  Interesting, they were able to make additions but they were very slow.  On one that they reporting the "disappearing event" phenomenom, it showed up in SharePoint and back on the Outlook calendar later in the day. 

I then decided to look for more detailed logging of the 0X00004005 error, because there was nothing added to synch failure folder structure.  I removed and reconnected the calendar to Outlook and then found the local synch log entries in the user's profile appdata folder. It consisted of a group of XML files.  From them, I was able to get the exact event ID's of items in the SharePoint list that failed to synchronize.  I went to SharePoint, created a view to display all events with the ID, and located the items that failed to synch down to Outlook.  Amazing, but they were all copies of one event created in Outlook and they all had unusual characters in the description field.  So I deleted all these in SharePoint and re-synched the calendar down to Outlook, this time with no synch errors.  Test events were then created on the Outlook side.  They again disappeared, but this time we are waiting .... a long time ... and will not try to re-create them from either end (Outlook or SharePoint).

I think at least in our case, it may be a case where items do synchronize, but too slowly.  Therefore also, repeat attempts to add the events that "supposedly disappeared" create some generalized synch problems.

It might be a case where speed issues not directly related to SharePoint or Outlook software configuration, is causing some synch issues that then result in more slowness that makes it look like events are not synching or are disappearing.

I don't know yet, but would like ot see others do some testing with empty test calendars to see whether their users who are experiencing the disappearing events can sycnh up eventually by waiting several hours or overnight.

• Edited by DaveVickery Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:10 PM
  • The sync issue is happening when syncing to all SP Lists/Libraries (even empty) not located on the default web application root site for all of our users.

http://sitename/lists/calendar/calendar.aspx (works fine)

http://sitename/subsite/lists/calendar/calendar.aspx (does not work)

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Brandy - Have you looked to see if alternate access mapping is correctly configured.  I have not noticed the SoapServer error message and that seems to point to alternate access mapping.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Yes they are all configured correctly and one network (SP2007) hasn't been updated in years.  We have SSL enabled on the other 2 networks but SP Outlook sync has been working fine until Sept.

I had KB2767849 removed from a workstation and Outlook reinstalled.  It did not help.  The Windows Admin said they could not reinstall the entire Office suite.

One of our Windows Admins created a virtual workstation with a build from Sept 2012 w/o GPOs.  There were no errors.  He then added it to the domain so GPOs applies.  There were no errors.  He then starting applying the updates in batches w/snap shots inbetween.  This morning there are errors.  He is going to roll back to the snapshot before the Sept 13 updates and will let me know.  He is also going to check to see if anything was updated last night.  At least I know it is not my SP servers.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:58 PM
  • After the windows admins applied KB2825999 the virtual workstation received the errors.  Uninstalling the KB does not correct the issue.  They have to revert back to the snapshot.  We can not reimage all the workstations (way to many).

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Just a quick note. When the patch was removed, the calendar had to be re-linked before it would work again.

A quick overview of my issue (I know it's not the same issue but I stumbled on this page while looking for answers so maybe someone else will):

- when added a new item in sharepoint calendar in outlook, the item would appear for a second after saving, then dissapear

- When running send/receive, we got error: Task 'Sharepoint' Reported error (0x81020026): 'Failed to copy one or more items. for details, see the log file.'

- 'Read' permissions show for the calendar in outlook.

Troubleshooting

- Uninstalled KB2825999

- Removed calendar from outlook

- Synced the calendar via sharepoint again

Results:

- Permissions no longer set to 'read'

- Clients able to add new calendar items successfully

-----------------------------

I've been advised the following:

This issue was introduced in February 2013 KB2760822

This patch is not installed on our workstations so

maybe this may help with your issue?

EDIT: (to clarify the above note)

They have come back to me again and advised that the issue started when KB2760822. Not all patches get installed in every enviroment, if there's no requirement. But all patches since that time for outlook 2007 have had this issue. This is why my issue was caused by KB2825999. Our outlook version without that patch is: 6607.1000 which apparently is old enough to not have the issues. 

EDIT 2: Not advising you roll back to that version. Just that that's what worked in our enviroment.
    • Edited by Dork45 Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:55 PM
  • Removed KB2825999 and did an office repair complete with reboot. Added the calendar back through SharePoint. No luck.

Then removed KB2767849, did an office repair, rebooted, added the calendar back. No luck.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007 is not an option for us.

• Edited by K.Bandit Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:49 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Hi Folks,

We have had similar Sharepoint to Outlook 2007 Calendar sync issues and here is what worked for me.

It seems that one of the aforementioned updates has borked the SharePoint Lists.pst creation process (note: creation).

I found that if I logged in as a user on a machine with O2K7 SP2 installed, deleted the Sharepoint Lists.pst file, then started Outlook and allowed it to sync with the previous errors, (but it finished successfully?). Close Outlook and reopen it to ensure the errors have actually cleared.

Then we could log that same user into a machine with any combination of Outlook 2007 and XP patches installed and the sync process completed perfectly provided the Sharepoint Lists.pst file created above was referenced.

i.e. Deleting and recreating the Sharepoint Lists.pst file (or resyncing) is actually part of the problem.

So essentially you need access to one machine with O2K7 SP2 on it so you can create each users SharePoint Lists.pst file.

Mind you, not an easy fix but at least it gets the user over the sync issues until MS coime up with a fix.

Hope this helps.

• Edited by Lowey IT Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:29 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:27 AM
  • This is incredibly frustrating. This has essentially broken all of the SharePoint calendars on our Extranet.

Re-imaging or otherwise changing the setup of workstations is not an option - we have over 700. 

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Hi LoweyIT, I want to make sure I understand what you are saying so I can try it.  In our environment, the SharePoint pst is stored locally.  So I think what you are saying is that if the pst is created on a machine that is apparently not experiencing the problem and then transferred to an affected machine to replace that machine's presumptive faulty pst, that it will fix the problem?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:16 PM
  • I'm going to give LoweyIT's suggest a try, but for people like FearlessFreep who has over 700 systems to manage, this isn't a viable option.  Regardless, if that does indeed work, it may provide more insight as to what is going on.  I'll post the results. 

I know I said I was going to call Microsoft, but I just haven't had the time yet; has anyone else called MS to see what they say?

Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I got caught in a bureaucratic loop I can't easily explain over using premium support for this and really haven't had time to deal with it, so no calls.  I'd love to know the cause and a reproducible solution other than rebuilding the entire enterprise and hoping it fixes something.  So far only a few complaints, but we have hundreds of connected calendars involving thousands of users so I would kind-of like to be ahead of this one. I'll try it too as soon as I can.  Also looking forwar to what you find.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:32 PM
  • The situation is getting worse, as new computers are now experiencing the same issue once fully patched; this is beyond aggravating and maddening.

I've finally given in and submitted a support request with Microsoft.  I don't anticipate and solid update for almost a week, as tier 1 support is pretty terrible and they'll just have me do what all of us have already done.  If I have anything of any substance, I post back here with an update.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:42 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:41 PM
  • I found this post by a Google searching for the error code that I am receiving, the same as shown in the original post above. Through my own troubleshooting I have determine that I can successfully edit a calender via Outlook if the calendar is on the main sharepoint site. However, if the calendar exists on ANY of the subsites, then I cannot modify it from Outlook. If I browse to the calendar in Internet Explorer I can modify it; just not from Outlook. Does this match what any others here are experiencing?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:09 PM
  • jallenj - I believe you are experiencing the same thing as Brandy (posted above).  It appears that there are multiple separate issues in this thread which are all experiencing similar synchronization problems, so perhaps they are all related.  Until we find an answer besides upgrading Office or a complete reinstall of Office, I can't be certain.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:48 PM
  • I have found a Band-Aid/Work Around.

First, it sounds that people are discussing multiple different issues.

I am experiencing what I believe is the original issue:

When I create an appointment in Outlook 2007 to a SharePoint 2010 Calendars it instantly disappears.

In send and receive I receive the following Error:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x81020026): 'Failed to copy one or more items. For details, see the log file .'
    Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x00000000): '<Calendar Name> - Failed to copy one or more items because some are not compatible with SharePoint.  The failed items were moved to your Local Failures folder and replaced with copies form the server.  If you need assistance troubleshooting items in your Local Failures folder, a Help topic is available at the following address: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=70300. For details, see the log file .' 

If I create the appointment via SharePoint, the information does replicate to Outlook.

If I create the SharePoint Lists.pst file on a unpatched version of Office 2007 I do not have the issue.

The Band-Aid:

If I copy the SharePoint Lists.pst file from that unpatched version of Office 2007, replacing that file on a patched version, I do not have the issue.

Note: This must be an updated version of the SharePoint Lists.pst file.  Otherwise outlook will note that it is older than the copy of the file that was replaced, will rebuild the file and the issue will happen again.

-Jeremy

• Edited by JeremyAtDT Friday, November 15, 2013 6:21 PM Clarity
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:02 PM
  • Due to the number of the posts above I might very well have overlooked it; but I didn't see any descriptions that completely match what I'm experiencing. I CAN successfully update a calender via Outlook if the calendar exists on the primary sharepoint site. If the calendar exists on a sub-site then I CANNOT update it via Outlook. For those calendars that I CANNOT update I get this message:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x81020026) : 'Failed to copy one or more items. for Details, see log file .'

So far most of this thread has been focusing on the Outlook client. However, because I CAN update some calendars successfully it looks like this could be an issue with Sharepoint, and not with Outlook. Can any of you test connecting to a Calendar that exists on the main page and see if you can update it successfully?

For additional information, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP3 on my Windows 7 64 bit workstation. The server is Windows 2003 R2 SP2 with Sharepoint Services 3.0.

Friday, November 15, 2013 1:02 PM
  • jallenj - Yesterday, I tried that out as I had not before.  I connected to a calendar on the main page and it was only connecting as Read, not Write.  I believe that we may have multiple issues in this thread that are producing the same error.
    Friday, November 15, 2013 2:39 PM
  • jallenj,  For me, the issue is about identical to the one described by Mister.Mike (2nd from top).

Your case looks like it actually could relate to calendar item-specific problems I've seen before.  I'm skeptical it could relate to subsite vs. root, just because we have hundreds and some are deeply nested (really long paths).  Just my first impression in reading your description.  Anyway, I think in the failure error message in Outlook, you'll find a path to a synch log that gets generated on the local file system.  If you look in there, you'll see a large set of xml files and within there you can find the item IDs (SharePoint record IDs) for the items that failed.  Then if oyu go into SharePoint, create a view that displays the ID field, you can view the actual culprit items that will not synch.  We have seen various problems such as many exact duplicate items, and non-ASCII characters in titles and descriptions.  Anyway, by fixing these, we're able ot correct the synch errors for those specific calendars.  I think what happens here is that Outlook's queue can't for some reason progress past the failures.  It is annoying, but thought I'd point this out because it might be useful in your case.

• Edited by DaveVickery Friday, November 15, 2013 2:56 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 2:54 PM
  • My issue too appears to be happening very much like the issue described by mister.mike. At this point I do not have Outlook 2010, so I cannot try connecting from that client. I have three calendars on my main page, and can modify all of them. I cannot modify the calendars on any subsite from Outlook. So it seems that mister.mike is correct that we apparently have multiple issues that are manifesting with similar results and the same error code (0x81020026).

I do not get any useful information in the "Sync Issues" folder. I do get a copy of the appointment that it moved from the calendar to there, but I don't see any links, logs, XML files, or anything useful.

The 0x80120026 error message ends by saying "for details, see the log file"; but it gives no information about said log file. Where is this file?

Friday, November 15, 2013 3:11 PM
  • I just heard back from MS support regarding this issue.  It seems that there are multiple issues that are tied to the build we are all using (12.0.6680.5000) and SharePoint.  Many of these issues are discussed in this thread; while they may be a bit different, they are all related (according to Microsoft).  Because Office 2007 is currently on extended support, there are fixes available for Office 2010 and 2013, but not yet for 2007; extended support apparently does not carry the same weight as typical support, which honestly isn't shocking.

I did ask about workarounds and was offered two:

1. Give admin permissions on the SharePoint sites to affected users.  Aside from the fact that this is not a safe practice, I have admin privileges and the issue persists.  This has been confirmed by Microsoft that sometimes this works and sometimes it does not.  Bascially, skip this workaround.
    2. Uninstall all security updates for Outlook 2007 (not Office, just those specifically targeting Outlook) until December 2012; I believe he said there were 5 updates total since December 2012.  I'm going to have to go over the details of each update before considering this, but it could be an option worth considering, only if the risks associated with removing each update are minimal.

The support member who I spoke with gathered some additional information and will be passing it to a team that is working on this issue.  Because this is a known bug with the specific build mentioned, I am not getting charged for this support call.  That being the case, you may want to consider opening your own support ticket so that you are on their list of contacts.  It could help them find an answer sooner by providing any additional information.  You'll also be given updates due to an open case.

They are now also aware of this thread, which I directed them to, so any information you post in here is being analyzed by them to hopefully assist the team responsible for fixing this bug.  Unfortunately, I was not given a time estimate for when to expect a fix for this bug.

EDIT: I just want to add that should you choose to employ either of these workarounds, you're doing it at your own risk.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: Please do not close this thread due to inactivity.  Microsoft has promised a fix, but we are awaiting their response.  Combine that with the number of people involved, it would be very much appreciated and very helpful to keep this thread open.  Thank you in advance.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Monday, November 18, 2013 4:29 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Just another person to pile onto this issue:

I have none of the aforementioned patches installed, and based on the last note posted by Mister.Mike, only have one patch installed pertaining to Outlook 2007 from published after 2012 (KB2825644 from 29 October 2013).

This is an enterprise environment, so re-imaging every workstation is not really an option at this point.

Summation of issue:

SharePoint 2010

Outlook 2007 (Edit: Build 12.0.6680.5000)

When connecting SP Calendars to Outlook, appointments created directly in SharePoint synch with the Outlook Client, but items created in Outlook DO NOT synch with the SharePoint calendar.

Initially when performing the synch, the Outlook client receives errors:  Task 'SharePoint' reported error (<multiple different hex codes>): 'Failed to copy one or more items.  For details, see the log file.'

Eventually, these errors go away, and there are no items in the Outlook clients 'Synch Issues' (Conflict, server, or local.)

Interestingly, under File -> Data File Management -> SharePoint lists, my connected SharePoint lists have 'Write' permissions (in the above thread, several noted that permissions were 'Read'.)

I take it there has been no update on this issue from Microsoft?

Edit:  Adding more troubleshooting measures -

Added a new calendar to the top-level main SP site.  As previous users have noted, this calendar synchs fine between SharePoint and Outlook.  Updates in Outlook almost immediately reflect within the SharePoint calendar.  Both deleting and adding appointments.

Added a new calendar to a sub-site.  I am NOT able to synch events added within my Outlook client to this attached sub-site SharePoint calendar.  Synching takes some time (30 or so seconds) and then fails with the aforementioned error message.

All of this testing on an Outlook 2010 client works fine.  The problem only persists with Outlook 2007 clients.  Every user (at least 5) we have checked experiences this problem.  I've recreated the problem on 3 different workstations with Outlook 2007 with brand new profiles, and all produce the same problem.

Additionally, I have removed the SharePoint Lists.pst file, recreated, with no positive change.

• Edited by OboR321 Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:59 PM Added even more info
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Microsoft called me mid-week and asked me to run some tests, which is purely for information gathering.  I'll be running said tests this week.  Other than that, they don't have anything else on Outlook 2007.

They have confirmed that Outlook 2010 and later have already been patched.  This issue pertain specifically to Outlook 2007.

Monday, December 2, 2013 3:11 PM
  • I've escalated my case with MS, hasn't made a difference. I'm a bit frustrated as they said they've known about this since February this year.

Anyway they haven't got any workarounds yet. Uninstalling the patch or giving admin to sharepoint pages in our case isn't going to work so our clients just have to deal with going to the sharepoint page directly for now. I know this is two seperate issues, but thought I'd post an update just in case anyone cares.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:51 PM
  • Dork45,

We still care.  We're all just waiting for MS to fix what they somehow broke.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:49 PM
  • A search of similar symptoms brought me to this thread. I'm working in an enterprise environment as an end-user. I have full control within a limited area of our SharePoint server. Therefore most of the workarounds were not applicable for me unless I passed them to IT. That being said, after reading through the thread I found my own workaround that seemed to work for my purposes.

First as much technical info as I can provide:

- Sharepoint 2007

- MS Office 2010 and 2007 (I use 2010 but the affected users use 2007)

- Affected users had 'write' permissions in Outlook and design, contribute permissions in the SP calendar. New calendar items created in Outlook would dissapear, and no send/receive errors were reported. New items created in SP worked just fine.

So after reading how in some cases people had luck after deleting and recreating the affected sharepoint.pst from an unaffected platform/workstation, I decided to just duplicate and share my own working .pst file. Even though I am running Outlook 2010, I was able to copy my sharepoint.pst file to the affected users. I removed all their SharePoint lists and renamed their sharepoint.pst files to ~old. I plugged in my own working .pst file and they are now able to make changes from Outlook. Please understand there might be certain consequences to trying this method, particularly if different users are connected to different SP lists. In our office we are all using the same lists in the same manner.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:46 AM
  • I'm going to add one thing to this discussion. We setup a new user a couple weeks ago with Outlook 2007 and added a SharePoint Calendar for them. Any time they created an appointment they would get a Logon Prompt window for the SharePoint server name. Also, even when the user entered the correct credentials the logon prompt would keep coming back about 5 times and then the sync would silently fail. The user only had Contribute rights to the Calendar and no rights to the root of SharePoint.

We searched and tried lots of things that didn't work. Then I tried giving the user Owner rights to the whole SharePoint site and the logon prompt went away and the sync error, 0x81020026, referenced at the beginning of this thread appeared instead. I searched on that and found this thread and I'm very glad I did.  I will also confirm the following things that are true for our environment:

• The calendar is more than one level deep in SharePoint \companyname\calendars\CompanyCalendar
    • It only happens for new users in Outlook 2007 where a new SharePoint Lists.pst file gets created.
    • Copying the SharePoint Lists.pst file from a long-time user that has no sync issues over the top of the new user's SharePoint Lists.pst file eliminates the sync errors and also eliminates the repeating logon prompt.
    • SharePoint Owner Rights did not resolve this sync issue, but did make the password prompt go away. I don't recommend trying that solution.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:10 AM
  • We placed a support ticket with Microsoft and have finally gotten a reply on 12/16.  They have confirmation from the Product Group a fix is coming and is currently targeted for the March 2014 Public Update.

We confirmed our sync issues are caused by KB2825999 if KB2768023 was already installed.  Outlook.exe is updated to 12.0.6680.5000 and will not go back to a previous version with the uninstalls.  If we remove KBs and manually copy Outlook.exe (12.0.6662.5000) there are no sync issues in our testing.

Friday, December 27, 2013 8:24 PM
  • That is fantastic to hear.  I'll take waiting 3 months for a patch over nothing at all.  Thanks for sharing your update with us, Brandy.  Much obliged.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 8:31 PM
  • Thought I would report that we are experiencing the same issue as others.  As others have stated it came down to an issue with Office updates.  The updates that are causing issues for us are KB2825644 (this is a replacement for KB2825999) and KB2768023.  On some machines, update KB2768023 was not installed so uninstalling KB2825644 was the only update that needed to be removed.  If KB2768023 is installed it needs to be removed as well.  After removing these updates, reboot, then delete the SharePoint Lists.pst file and the issue is resolved.

To fix the issue the following was performed:

1. Uninstall KB2825644 (this is the replacement for KB2825999)

2. Uninstall KB2768023 (if it is present)

3. Reboot

4. Delete the SharePoint List.pst file from the users profile (C:\users\username\appdata\microsoft\outlook\share..PST

5. Start Outlook and test adding items to sharepoint calendars.

I hope the fix is released in March.

• Proposed as answer by Pralhad Bhatt Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:12 PM
  • As it was mentioned earlier, only calendars residing in subfolders are affected.

The reason for this issue is that Outlook doesn't provide the necessary relative url when calling the soap method UpdateListItems. (for .net programmers: it's not setting system.web.services.protocols.webclientprotocol.url :)

You may wonder why in that case you still receive items. That's because SharePoint doesn't care for the wrong/missing url in GetListItems.

The workarounds mentioned so far suggest restoring old SharePoint pst files, which works since Outlook stores the relative url within those files, or used to at least.

However, you can also fix a newer pst files, here's how:

1. open mfcmapi (http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/)
    2. "Session"->"Logon and Display Store Table"
    3. pick your profile, usually "Outlook"
    4. double-click on the "SharePoint ..." entry (the name is localized)
    5. expand the "Root Container" and the "... Personal Folder" entry (again, the name is localized)
    6. right-click on the calendar/list that isn't properly synced and choose "Open Associated Contents Table"
    7. select the first entry (where "From" reads "SharePoint")
    8. select 0x80670102 and double-click
    9. if you find <sps:ServerRelativeUrl/> correct it with <sps:ServerRelativeUrl>/path/to/my/list</sps:ServerRelativeUrl>
    10. click OK
    11. "Property Pane"->"Edit given property..."
    12. fill in 0x8068001E into "Property Tag" and hit OK
    13. fill in /path/to/my/list under "Ansi String" and hit OK
    14. close all windows

Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Hello and thank you for all that information,

I carefully followed your instructions, but it still does not work.
    Do you have another solution before the fix microsoft.

thank you in advance
    Friday, January 17, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Jean-Luc,

sorry to hear that - if you tried the mfcmapi fix please re-check that the property 0x8068001e hasn't been removed by Outlook. So far, I've had a 100% success rate on over a dozen accounts, however, on a couple of them the property had to be created twice b/c Outlook removed it after initialization. Also try to make sure that Outlook is closed and no other program using MAPI is running.

If it still doesn't work, try mac1234's workaround and remove the bad KBs. That should fix the problem at its core.

And if that doesn't work either, you can at least rest assured that you are not the only one eagerly anticipating the March 2014 update from MS ;)

• Proposed as answer by Pralhad Bhatt Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:17 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Thanks Manuel your solution worked. It does appear to be the source as the ServerRelativeUrl appears correctly in profiles on other version of outlook I have running.

I came to this thread with symptoms similar to the original post including the same error, after re purposing one of our older machines. After reading and investigating I was able to replicated with newly created accounts and also discovered it only affected lists on sub-sites.

For those who are having the sub-site error the way I understand Manuel's solution should work(if you only have a handful of affected machines). If you are having issues you may be entering the wrong information as your path.

For example you calendar URL is "https://domain.com/stuff/lists/calendar.aspx" when you visit it on the site. The only bit you need for ServerRelativeUrl is "/stuff" if you get it wrong outlook will give you a new error (http 400 IIRC).

• Edited by SMEMATT Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:01 AM
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:55 AM
  • Well, Microsoft provided me with a test patch, but to no avail.  Any of the suggestions above do not work for my situation.  As stated several times, this thread actually consists of multiple scenarios.  Admins: please do not close this thread.  Pralhad Bhatt obviously has not even tried to read the entire thread and just started marking one situation of many as answered.

Microsoft should be working with me today in a remote session to further look into the issue.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Hi Mike ,

Thanks for the article. We are also facing same issue, may I know the status on this from Microsoft.

• Edited by Giris Monday, March 3, 2014 10:25 AM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 10:25 AM
  • Hello,

I am facing the same issue.please update the status.

thank you,

krishna dasika

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:26 PM
  • Hello Krishna - Which specific issue are you facing?  There are multiple issues in this thread which all deal with the same core problem.  Some of the thread's participants have found ways to work around their problem (see above).  Others (like myself) are still waiting in limbo for Microsoft to release a fix.  The beta patch MS supplied me did not work and they have requested a remote session with me to look further into the issue.  When that happens, I will update in this thread with any information the session provides.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:51 PM grammatical fix
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

I  am facing the same issue but with a list not with a calendar.The error i am getting is same as the one mentioned in the before posts.Some how my sharepoint 2010 list is not syncing with the outlook 2007 .

I cannot afford to accept the any of the above solutions because they are very costly in my environment.

I am looking for a patch from microsoft 

thank you,

Krishna Dasika

krishna dasika

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Good news: the patch they provided worked!  However, there are a few things I need to add for those of you looking for assistance.

1. The build after the patch is applied is 12.0.6691.500
    2. The patch name is "outlook2007-kb2817331-fullfile-x86-glb.exe"
    3. This patch has not gone through MS's quality testing, so use at your own risk; I don't know if it will be included in this month's set of updates, though my hunch is no
    4. Prior to applying the patch, remove the calendar's connection from Outlook
    5. Run the patch (it actually contained a FixMe and a patch; I ran both in that order)
    6. Reboot your computer
    7. Upon logging in, open Outlook and then re-connect the calendar
    8. When reconnecting, you'll still see that the Advanced tab shows the calendar as connecting as Read; ignore that and continue to connect.
    9. Wait for it to fully synchronize, then test
    10. Voila! Success!

While it's not a perfect fix (see #8), it works.  I've tested this on 3 machines (one is an active client), so I could easily begin to roll it out.  Because it is not an officially approved patch, I wouldn't recommend sending it out through typical GP means or any other 3rd-party application.  There are only 50 clients here, so it'll be much easier than most companies.  Still, it is good to see that a fix is actually available.

Lastly, because this is not an official patch, I cannot provide anyone with access to it.  You will need to work with your Microsoft technician and point them to this issue/patch to see if they can provide it to you.  While I know it would be easier to just get the patch, at least you have this thread and the information I've just posted to speed up the process and not spend 7 months on it as I have.

• Edited by Mister.Mike Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:01 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ayo Salako Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ayo Salako Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:50 PM
  • Hello Mike,

does this patch aims at resolving integration issues of sharepoint 2010 and outlook 2007 or only specific issue with the calendar?

Thank you,

Krishna Dasika

krishna dasika

Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:09 PM
  • Krishna - I am unsure as to which issues you are referring to, as you did not mention anything specific except that it did not deal with calendars.  All that I can absolutely confirm is that patch outlook2007-kb2817331-fullfile-x86-glb.exe resolves the following issue:

When Outlook 2007 connects to a SharePoint calendar, the user cannot add, edit, modify, or delete items via Outlook.  Synchronization errors occur stating "Failed to copy one or more items."  If the same steps are performed via SharePoint, no errors occur.  Despite this, the calendar when viewed via Outlook will display up-to-date information.  All permissions are correct in SharePoint, so it is not a permissions issue, rather it is a bug in Outlook 2007; this has been confirmed by Microsoft.

If you are experiencing additional issue which are not corrected by anything listed in this thread, I would recommend contacting Microsoft and direct them to this thread.  When I initially opened this ticket, I pointed them here and they monitored the thread which helped provide them with additional information.

Since there are known issues with Outlook 2007 and SharePoint, there is a chance that you may not get charged for opening the ticket.  I know that we did not because it was an issue with their product and not something on our end.

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Hello Mike,

The issue for me is same as the one you have.Not able to add items from outlook in a list as well as a calendar.the error it is showing when i am trying to add an item is same as you told.i beleive the problem lies within the integration between sharepoint 2010 and outlook 2007.

can you please tell me how can i get the patch u mentioned in the previous post.i tried googling it.But cannot find it.

Thank you.

krishna dasika

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Krishna - May apologies for misunderstanding your post.  It is correct that you will not be able to find the patch anywhere on the Internet.  Microsoft has not performed the full quality testing, so it is considered a private patch, meant specific situations.  In order to obtain the patch, you will need to contact Microsoft and refer them to the patch mentioned and this thread.  Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with their first-tier support before really getting anywhere.

Hope that helps.

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:42 PM
  • I have just received a confirmation that an official patch will be released in April 2014.
    Friday, March 7, 2014 7:01 PM
  •  Thanks for updating that.

krishna dasika

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:05 PM
  • Does anybody have idea when it will be released.Can you please post the link once it is released

thank you,

Krishna Dasika

krishna dasika

Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:07 PM
  • The only confirmation I can give youis from an email sent to me from Microsoft which says they plan to release the patch as part of the April updates.  The advanced notice that MS released obviously doesn't give specifics to what the patches are fixing, but Office 2007 is one of those.  My assumption is that it will be lumped together with the fix for Word that has been exploited in the wild for the last few weeks.

Unless the patches mention this issue specifically, we'll need to install April's set of security patches on an affected system, then test to see if it indeed was included.

Sorry that I do not have anything other than that to share.

Monday, April 7, 2014 5:27 PM
  • On April 8, 2014, Microsoft released KB2863811.  The article states the following:

"After you install the February 2013 cumulative update or public update 2760822 for Outlook 2007, Outlook cannot synchronize with the SharePoint site."

This applies to the issue that we were experiencing and KB2863811 corrects this problem.  It is available for download through the link provided, Windows Update, or WSUS.

I will be pushing the update out through WSUS, but all clients here already have the original update installed, so this will affect new machines put on the network, which won't happen for at least another month.  For any of you that were waiting on this, could you install the update and let us know how things work in your environment, please?

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:19 PM
  • Hello Mike,

I installed the update and problem is resolved immediately.

thank you,

krishna dasika

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:47 PM
  • We deployed KB2817331 and it resolved our Outlook 2007 SharePoint sync issue.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Hi there,

I have this exact same issue and i have removed the problematic updates.

We also have WSUS and the KB2863811 patch has been applied to the computers and I removed the sharepoint calendars from outlook and connected them again.

I can create and update appointments and it syncs correctly however when i delete the appointment from outlook it deletes it there but doesnt delete it from sharepoint!

Would the KB2817331 resolve this? If so how do I get this patch as I can't find it on the MS website

Monday, May 5, 2014 2:27 AM
  • dcoy993 - This sounds more like a rights issue.  Several months ago, we migrated SharePoint to a new server and an upgraded version of SharePoint.  The rights migration did not go smoothly and messed everything associated with rights up.  This lead to the exact issue you are describing where deleting events in Outlook would not delete them in SharePoint.  I fiddled with the existing settings for over a week until I finally stopped caring, purged all existing rights, and recreated all rights from scratch.

KB2863811 pertains specifically to the issues described in this thread.  Anything outside of that scope is mostly likely not associated.  I would suggest creating a test calendar and remove all special permissions, then break it from inheritted permisions and add a non-admin user with contribute rights.  Test to see that they can add and delete from Outlook successfully.

Monday, May 5, 2014 8:39 PM
  • Hello Mike,

I have a similar issue with SharePoint 2013 and Outlook 2007 environment. Does this patch work for SharePoint 2013 also?

I just tried to install the patch on a machine and then tried to sync a Task list to Outlook 2007. I still get the same error and moreover the list items are not synced to the Outlook. But when I create a new task item in Outlook, it gets synced to the SharePoint task list.

I am sorry if I am posting this at the wrong place. But I just want to know if anyone has tried this with SharePoint 2013 and has the same issue.

Thanks,

Rajashree

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Rajashree - The patch that is discussed here is for Outlook 2007.  I do not believe that the version of SharePoint matters, because the bug was specifically for Outlook 2007.

As for your second paragraph, it looks like you are dealing with a different issue, because we could not get entries created in Outlook to sync with SharePoint, but the event in SharePoint would sync to Outlook.  If I am reading your post correctly, you can successfully synchronize the list when you create an item in Outlook, but the SharePoint list is not synchronizing to Outlook.  It seems like we have polar opposite issues.  If I am misunderstanding you, feel free to clarify.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:55 PM
  • Hi Mike, Yes that is correct. I have exactly the polar opposite issue. I can sync the items created in Outlook to SharePoint, but not the other way around. Any suggestions please? Thanks, Rajashree
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:42 AM