none
How do I delete my account?

Question

• I want to completely delete my account, not just 'temporarily suspend', how do I do this without it being too complicated?
    Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:39 AM

All replies

• Do you mean an account in Active Directory Domain Services, or do you mean your Microsoft Account (the one you used to post this question)?

To delete your Microsoft Account email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Provide a link to your account profile.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:22 AM
  • Remove-ADUser -identity "" -Confirm:$false ----> cmdlet removes an Active Directory user. You can run this command in the windows powershell

Identity:- It can be distinguished name or samaccountname or userprincipal name

To verify, run get-aduser -identity ""

You can bulk remove users via CSV/txt file 

In TXT file paste all the users samaccount name > Save the txt file and open powershell >Navigate to the folder where the txt is saved

-  .\delete.txt | foreach-object {remove-aduser -identity $_ -confirm:$false}

Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:44 AM
  • I want to completely delete my account,
    That's pretty vague. If your forums profile then do as Richard suggests, email fissues. If your microsoft account you can use the links at bottom of this page to email or chat with someone.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 22, 2017 4:27 PM
  • As you are asking in Directory Services forum then I assume that this is related to your AD setup. If such, you just need to open dsa.msc and remove the account. If the account is protect against accidental removal then you can go to the account properties and disable the protection. If you are referring to another account, please clarify your question.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:05 PM
  • Hi,

Assume you want to permanently delete AD user account and have AD recycle bin enabled in Domain controller.

To remove AD accounts from recycle bin use the following:

Get-ADObject -filter {isdeleted -eq $true -and name -ne “Deleted Objects”} -includeDeletedObjects -property * | Remove-ADObject

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:58 AM