none
Windows Server 2019: user defined data collector sets do not start at scheduled time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I've already asked the question regarding auto-starting the data collector sets and have posted MS's answer - now it seems the issue can be much broader: I failed to make my user defined data collector sets start according to their schedules, for example:

I created a test data collector set (with several CPU counters), saved it as a template and tested it on Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2019:

2008R2

I've tested various user defined data collector sets on all my Windows Server 2019 computers - physical and virtual, domain and non-domain joined, the result is always the same - the data collector sets just don't start and the following event(s) get registered in the Diagnosis-PLA log:

Here's the codes' description - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-pla/590752a5-ddc3-49e4-9914-147a90bd0193

No issues arise when starting the data collector sets manually.

Can anyone tell me if it works on your computers with Windows Server 2019?

Regards,
    Michael

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hello MF47,

Thanks for reporting.

I can reproduce this issue on Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 and I'll submit an issue internally.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MF47 Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:03 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hello MF47,

Thanks for reporting.

I can reproduce this issue on Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 and I'll submit an issue internally.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MF47 Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:03 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hello Rita,

Odds are this is also by design, if this is the case Windows Server 2019 will be first MS server operating system I won't deploy in my company.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
    Michael

Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:03 AM
  • hi Michael,

Here is the public link to track this issue:
    https://aka.ms/AA5oyjj

And to workaround this issue, you can create a script to schedule to start the data collector sets. Here is the command line to start data collector:

logman start <[-n] <name>> [options]  

Below is the link of this command:

logman start | stop

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
    Michael

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Still a problem 5 months later.

Windows Server 2019 10.0.17763.864

Happens across ALL of my WS 2019 machines.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:25 AM