Prevent mailbox from receiving voicemail RRS feed

• Question

• I have an email account that is used just for registering software. Unfortunately, some people are using one or more of my voice-enabled Auto Attendants (I have more than 20 of them) to leave voicemail for campus registrars (Register vs. Registrar). Is there a way to prevent these voice messages from being received into this mailbox that's intended for email only? Thanks for any advice!

David

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• Use a hub transport rule to drop any message with a class of VoiceMail sent to that mailbox.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:55 PM
  • I've looked in the ECP and don't see how to create such a rule. I also ran Get-help New-TransportRule and didn't see anything there that looked obvious. Please advise.

I also wondered how the caller would know that his/her voicemail wasn't really going to reach the "person" they intended if a transport rule were used. It seems like it would enable the caller to go through the motions of leaving a voicemail, then simply drop the message in delivery.

I suppose the best option may be to turn off on the Auto Attendants the ability to leave voice messages if the user isn't UM-enabled. What do you think?

I appreciate your time and expertise.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:20 PM
  • You can also prevent a particular AA from being able to contact anything outside of a particular Exchange address list.  Not sure if that's feasible for you, but worth a look.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 7:52 PM