Winword closes suddenly while saving a document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am running a PC with Vista and Office 2007. After worked on a word document, when I save it, the error message "Word has encountered a problem and need to close" pop up and closes immediately the program. And I cannot save this document... Tried FIX IT utility without any result.

Thx for ur help.

PS.: PowerPoint did the same too, once, but anymore until now

I ran AntiVirus and Spybot and everything its ok

Friday, December 7, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• "jhale1969" wrote in message news:f61bdf9f-6772-402d-aa6c-212e71db0479@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    You are not alone. Word had been running fine until recently. It will not let me "Save As" a document. Haven't tried PP but Excel seems to be OK. Also ran antivirus and spyware with no results. Also used the MS Office repair and finally uninstalled and re-installed with no changes. Anybody out there with ideas or fixes please help!

Troubleshoot for poorly designed add-ins as discussed in the Knowledge Base article Troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, 2007, or 2003.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:54 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 6:45 PM

All replies

• You are not alone.  Word had been running fine until recently.  It will not let me "Save As" a document.  Haven't tried PP but Excel seems to be OK. Also ran antivirus and spyware with no results.  Also used the MS Office repair and finally uninstalled and re-installed with no changes.  Anybody out there with ideas or fixes please help!

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:04 PM
  • "jhale1969" wrote in message news:f61bdf9f-6772-402d-aa6c-212e71db0479@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    You are not alone. Word had been running fine until recently. It will not let me "Save As" a document. Haven't tried PP but Excel seems to be OK. Also ran antivirus and spyware with no results. Also used the MS Office repair and finally uninstalled and re-installed with no changes. Anybody out there with ideas or fixes please help!

Troubleshoot for poorly designed add-ins as discussed in the Knowledge Base article Troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, 2007, or 2003.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:54 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 6:45 PM